Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently purchased a 2018 burgman 400. It didn't come with a manual. I've found videos for access to the radiator. But, can't find anything for my model. Can someone help me to get to the radiator cap to check coolant level. The reservoir above the gas cap is empty. The bike only has 1000 miles on it. I sure don't want to run it with low coolant and overheat it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Huh, I just bought a 2018 Burgman 400, too!! Take my advice and remove the cap, shine and a pen light into the top of your coolant tank to VERIFY there's no coolant showing. Why, you may ask? I checked mine last night (not using a pen light), couldn't see any level, then proceeded to OVER fill the tank and spilling coolant all over the garage floor. I was not a happy camper! (Ask my husband!) Managed to suction out the excess and clean up the mess but lesson learned the hard way!
Thank you. I'll sure give that a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not much help for this problem, but worth a free download for future reference (2020 Owners Manual - no real differences maintenance-wise to yours?).

The radiator cap must be situated similar to the earlier models, 'cos the radiator is in the same place - that would put it under the top dash panel. The engine config is the same, so water pump will be in same place, reference bleeding the system of air.
What I'm suggesting,(and may be wrong), is that Mich's videos should help alot. Your problem is finding the correct procedure for removing tupperware.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Thanks so much for the free download.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts