Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y’all 👋🏼
I searched before asking and didn’t find my answer.
Newbie looking for the best windscreen for a 2018 650 Executive. I’d also like info on cup holders and phone/gps holders. Will gladly take any tips on other must haves for the 650. We will mostly be pulling the Burgy for sightseeing around different campgrounds and cruising Texas backroads❤
Thanks 😊

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
4,134 Posts
As to phone/GPS holder... I gave up on dedicated GPS units since at the time I decided this I couldn't find a dedicated GPS unit that did NOT need a Windows or Mac computer to update. For many years I've used Linux and ran Windows in a virtual machine on that only for updating my GPS. Now I just use my Google Maps navigation option. I download maps to my phone so no cell signal is needed and I installed a RAM ball mount to the top center of the dash and put an excellent phone holder there with a power cord available to keep the phone powered the entire trip.

Here's a link to the thread I posted in the Gear and Accessories subforum:
Install of RAM mount and power cord for my Burgman 650
You do have to remove the windshield and the entire panel under the shield to do it the way I did. Not hard at all, just being careful, as always, with releasing plastic tabs.
It help IMO that my phone is the same waterproof rating as any GPS unit so rain is not an issue for me, usually. If it does rain really REALLY hard I've found that rain drops running down the screen do tend to be interpreted by the phone as random finger taps on the screen. Has only happened once or twice on long trips of over 500 miles one way. A clear plastic bag is not a bad idea anyway and the screen does work through it, just not from rain drops.

Cup holders are another kind of thing that you likely will have to look to what is done on other bikes who's riders really go for that kind of farkle. (I don't these days though it was nice to have when I rode a GW). That would be what Gold Wing riders put on their bikes. Look for accessories for the Gold Wing and you'll find dozens and dozens of kinds and mounts of cup holders. From folding flat kind (when not in use) to gimbal mounted units that always stay level no matter how much you lean your scoot. Brake reservoir mounted, dash/front panel mounted, handlebar mounted. Like I said... all kinds. They are all good depending what specific feature you are looking for in one. I always ride ATGATT including the full face helmet (stronger than modular and much more protection than open face or no helmet) so when I need a drink I'll pull over and get off the bike anyway, remove the helmet and drink from my water bottle that I keep in the big glove box. A good break to take once in a while.

Someone else will have to post here about bigger windshields. I don't know if Givi still makes one for the newer Burgman 650 or if there are any other brands that do. I've read that there are others out there on this forum so maybe search again using alternate terms?

Reactions: atxAndi

·
Premium Member
9,667 Posts
Hi y’all 👋🏼
I searched before asking and didn’t find my answer.
Newbie looking for the best windscreen for a 2018 650 Executive. I’d also like info on cup holders and phone/gps holders. Will gladly take any tips on other must haves for the 650. We will mostly be pulling the Burgy for sightseeing around different campgrounds and cruising Texas backroads❤
Thanks 😊
Back in 2007, I bought a Clearview windshield for my then-new '07 Exec. I did in the same in 2016, when I bought a used '08 Exec. The bottom line is that I am pleased with that company's windshields. They are wider than stock, and I also optioned both of them with the adjustable vent (to add in airflow, and prevent back-pressure).

In your case, the relevant page is:

They have a 15% off sale going on now, Sept. 2-6, with coupon code LBDS21 (I'm on their mailing list).

Another popular aftermarket supplier for Burgman windshields is Givi. I don't have any experience with these, but it's my understanding that these are also wider than stock. And like the Cleaviews, I believe these also come in different heights.

Speaking of which, you don't mention your height or inseam, or whether you prefer to look over or through windshields. Knowing this might help in answering your question.

·
Super Moderator
15,578 Posts
Well heck if ya act fast Clearview's knocking 15% off.
They normally start doing these sales through about early Jan/late Dec this time of year, but I usually don't see them much better than this. Could be different this year, but that's what I've observed.

Reactions: atxAndi

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back in 2007, I bought a Clearview windshield for my then-new '07 Exec. I did in the same in 2016, when I bought a used '08 Exec. The bottom line is that I am pleased with that company's windshields. They are wider than stock, and I also optioned both of them with the adjustable vent (to add in airflow, and prevent back-pressure).

They have a 15% off sale going on now, Sept. 2-6, with coupon code LBDS21 (I'm on their mailing list).

Another popular aftermarket supplier for Burgman windshields is Givi. I don't have any experience with these, but it's my understanding that these are also wider than stock. And like the Cleaviews, I believe these also come in different heights.

Speaking of which, you don't mention your height or inseam, or whether you prefer to look over or through windshields. Knowing this might help in answering your question.

thank you. Great info. My husband is 5’10 & has. 33” inseam.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As to phone/GPS holder... I gave up on dedicated GPS units since at the time I decided this I couldn't find a dedicated GPS unit that did NOT need a Windows or Mac computer to update. For many years I've used Linux and ran Windows in a virtual machine on that only for updating my GPS. Now I just use my Google Maps navigation option. I download maps to my phone so no cell signal is needed and I installed a RAM ball mount to the top center of the dash and put an excellent phone holder there with a power cord available to keep the phone powered the entire trip.

Here's a link to the thread I posted in the Gear and Accessories subforum:
Install of RAM mount and power cord for my Burgman 650
You do have to remove the windshield and the entire panel under the shield to do it the way I did. Not hard at all, just being careful, as always, with releasing plastic tabs.
It help IMO that my phone is the same waterproof rating as any GPS unit so rain is not an issue for me, usually. If it does rain really REALLY hard I've found that rain drops running down the screen do tend to be interpreted by the phone as random finger taps on the screen. Has only happened once or twice on long trips of over 500 miles one way. A clear plastic bag is not a bad idea anyway and the screen does work through it, just not from rain drops.

Cup holders are another kind of thing that you likely will have to look to what is done on other bikes who's riders really go for that kind of farkle. (I don't these days though it was nice to have when I rode a GW). That would be what Gold Wing riders put on their bikes. Look for accessories for the Gold Wing and you'll find dozens and dozens of kinds and mounts of cup holders. From folding flat kind (when not in use) to gimbal mounted units that always stay level no matter how much you lean your scoot. Brake reservoir mounted, dash/front panel mounted, handlebar mounted. Like I said... all kinds. They are all good depending what specific feature you are looking for in one. I always ride ATGATT including the full face helmet (stronger than modular and much more protection than open face or no helmet) so when I need a drink I'll pull over and get off the bike anyway, remove the helmet and drink from my water bottle that I keep in the big glove box. A good break to take once in a while.

Someone else will have to post here about bigger windshields. I don't know if Givi still makes one for the newer Burgman 650 or if there are any other brands that do. I've read that there are others out there on this forum so maybe search again using alternate terms?
Thanks so much for all the great info 😊

1 - 7 of 7 Posts