Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2018 650 that came with a top box witht e Suzuki name on it, is it the same as Givi? I would like to add side boxes and need to know what parts would be needed to fit up. Thank You

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
4,285 Posts
Check out my install of the Suzuki branded top case for the 2013-current Burgman 650 at this link:
Installing the official Suzuki top case and mounting...

I installed the Suzuki official aluminum mounting bracket/plate and official Suzuki branded top case to my 2013 Burgman 650. It should be the same for any model after that year.
If yours looks like mine then the actual top case is a Kappa K49N. Kappa is the budget division of Givi.

I don't have information about mounting side cases but there are members here who might have that information.

Here are a few more pictures of my top case with the Suzuki logo:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille Automotive design

Reactions: Taichungman

·
Premium Member
2013 AN650 White MotorTrike
73 Posts
As far as my research says, if you want hard panniers you’ll limited to Givi as Shad has no off-the-shelf solution for a Burgman. To use the Givi mounts, you’ll need to replace the Suzuki holding plate with the Givi one (you can still use the topbox) and then buy the Givi mount for the panniers. And there is a German manufacturer who makes a stand-alone mounting system( I think they’re called Freiling). There is a member here who did a little engineering and fashioned a work around of having to get the Givi topbox mount and it seems to work.

Reactions: rjs987

·
Administrator
22,241 Posts
Ram, if you can weld or have a trade school welding class near, make your own side racks and buy the GIVI buttons and latch tongue.

Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Light Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts