Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Anyone taking bets on 2016 color(s). I have a strong feeling Suzuki will be introducing a brand new color......white.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'd place my money on another matte finish. It's what all the cool kids want.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'd place my money on another matte finish. It's what all the cool kids want.
Which is why we will most likely be passed over... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yep, white, gloss black, and silver are the three colors in autos that are found to be the most popular and to return the highest amount of resale value. Boring maybe but Suzuki is missing the mark by not offering a single one of these in the Burgman's.

I have no interest in matte black or mouse gray. Hopefully '16 will bring either a white or silver.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yep, white, gloss black, and silver are the three colors in autos that are found to be the most popular and to return the highest amount of resale value. Boring maybe but Suzuki is missing the mark by not offering a single one of these in the Burgman's.

I have no interest in matte black or mouse gray. Hopefully '16 will bring either a white or silver.
Suzuki didn't miss the mark, they've had silver, white and black (or very close derivatives) practically every year. This year they went with matte. I guess some people like it, not me.

I'd like to see some past colors come back, like the blue or red. For the Burgman, Suzuki will never go too far from the basics, but a little actual color would be nice.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'd like the Sonoma Candy Red to come back - it's a beautiful color and never fails to attract comments. In my experience and on a practicable basis, the red raises the price of the bike.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I'd like the Sonoma Candy Red to come back - it's a beautiful color and never fails to attract comments. In my experience and on a practicable basis, the red raises the price of the bike.
I won't disagree with that, I'd probably pay more if I were shopping.

White, black, and silver, 3 colors that I'd never want on any of my vehicles! Blacks not bad, but man people are boring.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I won't disagree with that, I'd probably pay more if I were shopping.
White, black, and silver, 3 colors that I'd never want on any of my vehicles! Blacks not bad, but man people are boring.
White has been shown to decrease accident rates since white provides better visual recognition by the human visual cortex.
Since I'm interested in other road users being able to see me on my rides more I'm into white as the primary 'colour' since the bike is more likely to contrast or stand out against the background plus it doesn't hurt that most Police and Paramedic bikes use white as the primary 'colour' too

YMMV

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not quite. Mouse gray isn't silver and matte black isn't gloss black. Those colors don't rate in the top tier.

Harley knows their customers and always has the Vivid (gloss) Black along w/ other colors. Suzuki may be trying to use paints across the total assortment but doesn't know their scooter customers too well.
Suzuki didn't miss the mark, they've had silver, white and black (or very close derivatives) practically every year. This year they went with matte. I guess some people like it, not me.

I'd like to see some past colors come back, like the blue or red. For the Burgman, Suzuki will never go too far from the basics, but a little actual color would be nice.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Since I'm interested in other road users being able to see me on my rides more I'm into white as the primary 'colour' since the bike is more likely to contrast or stand out against the background

YMMV
I won't disagree with this statement. There's some truth there for sure.

I don't have a death wish, but I'm not going to buy a bike that's painted a color I don't like just for safety reasons. But I fully understand the reasoning. Some people don't have hang ups on color.

Interestingly enough while on a 160 mile ride yesterday with 8 other bikes I was thinking about this subject. Behind me were bikes painted pink, white, black, grey, blue,and silver. While checking my rear view mirror throughout the day you know what stood out the best? All of the shiny chrome on the motor of one of the "traditional" darker colored bike reflecting the sunlight. 2nd best? A dark silver Burgman that has a set of driving lights mounted low on the forks. I give the white Burgman 3rd best for visibility. We don't always ride in bright sunlight I know, but nevertheless, I thought it interesting.

I've ridden with the Burgman rider with the driving lights many times and I think this is single-handedly the best add on's in terms of safety.

I think adding a chrome "something" somewhere adds a lot of visibility also. I've noticed this when riding on the freeway, looking at reflections off of different cars.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts