1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yawn! Yet another cruiser. I will give them a little credit, at least it has a modern engine design. Also the styling is a modern interpretation of a classic instead of just a copy. But it is just another cruiser in the never ending list of them in the American market.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I knew about the new air cooled Indians, but this is the first time I've seen this model. It sure looks heavier than the claimed 558 pounds. I'm glad to see another brand of American built bikes on the road. This one is reasonably priced, too.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I like the new Indians. The new Scout kind of rings a lot of bells for me. Maybe I will win the lottery. Would add a Scout and an Chief to my stable.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
630 Posts
At first glance, I'm almost smitten, even though cruisers generally don't do it for me. Then the odd details start cropping up. So close Polaris, but you just can't resist!

Colour scheme really works, red/tan/grey/chrome/black. Fat front tire with a careful nod to the fenders of the past. Cast wheels are good, but the pattern isn't evocative of anything.

The engine is definitely a nice bit of work AND obviously not ashamed of being liquid cooled. Looks like a quality boiler/stove. Some of that styling effort should have resolved the radiator design though. Not terrible, but a bit more tucked in, with some detailing (carry the engine theme forward).

Skinny forks and tiny headlight. Both needed to be more substantial--this is a 100hp bike selling on presence/heritage, right? Not a deal-breaker, but something something similar to front of the naked 2007 Bandit 1200.

The rear fender (simple) and tank (complex) are at odds with each other. Not sure if that's to help with fitting factory saddlebags. Love the tan leather seat. Anyone ride on a "catcher's mitt" saddle before? Is it comfortable?

The pipes flow nicely, though that crossover/support could have been more subtle. Tips should have been chromed, or shaped differently--it feels too abrupt.

The biggest sin overall is that frame casting, right where all can see. What was going on at the design department? The lines/shape really clash with everything else, especially those bolt holes near the cylinder head. Looks borrowed from a Victory model, possibly the Judge or Gunner?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I really like the look. I had no idea that Indian was coming out with this one. And the price is a nice surprise. Most the things that Flywheel points out as odd, I find pleasing to my eye, especially the cast frame pieces. To each his own.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Can't wait to see it in person, hopefully at the next Cycle World show. Nice price and the styling is appealing, in addition to the super classic Scout name. I like the other new Indians also but the price is up in BMW altitudes.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
That motor looks GOOFY to me . almost like a cartoon pic or a motor facsimile . :dontknow:

TheReaper!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts