Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the week leading up to this ride was poo-poo... Rectifier blew or melted to be more specific. Tear bike down, order rectifier. Rectifier on back-order with no delivery date. Order Mosfet rectifier with overnight delivery. Order new battery with 2 day delivery... Pray thats the only issue. Take 2 extra vacation days to worry some more... Bike runs.. Thank you Jesus... Forecast is cold, rain, thunderstorms, cold, and then sunshine for the ride home. Not a good start. Rally t-shirts delivered to house at 12:30am Friday morning, whew..... As you can see I had lots of comfort food to get thru the week.

Friday morning started off with breakfast with Bob and his friend Mark (hope I remembered that right). After breakfast Bob and myself headed on up 22/3. It was a bit chilly, about 40 when we left. Thank goodness traffic was light. We cruised at the speed limit till Washington Courthouse where Bob stopped to visit with friends. I cruised on to the campgrounds to set up the tent. Time got close so I headed up to the Motorcycle Ranch to meet up for the first ride. Glad no cops were around to see me... Probably would have just taken me to jail....

I got to the Ranch right at 1pm. 13 bikes in all. A little disappointed, but after the crappy forecast who could blame anyone for staying home. Since we were less than expected, we went with 1 group. Weather was about 65 and sunny. It was a great start to the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will be making a slideshow on the rally website, if anyone wants their pictures included in the slideshow, email me the pictures. Feel free to add any pictures here as well. Below are the pictures of a melting rectifier.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
on my Suzuki Cavalcade, I melted two rectifiers that way. Found out the problem was a bad connection which caused heat to build up in the rectifier. Funny thing was the bad ground was not near the rectifier. I went through four rectifiers and two stators on that bike until I finally sold it in 2013.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I actually made it to Hocking Hills on Friday, but got a late start because I had to drop my grandson off at school. I got to the motorcycle ranch at one thirty, just missing you all. I didn't have my ride maps so had no idea which way you went! I rode to old mans cave and waited a while. I didnt remember the ride itinerary, so I came on home. Still was a nice but cold cold ride. I need to buy some cold weather riding gear! Looks like a distinguished group of riders!
I am already looking forward to better luck (and planning on my part) for next year.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rectifier now has it's own thread as it has grown a bit. Anyways,, back to the ride..... John, we would have loved for you to join us. We actually stopped at the Rock House first and not Old Man's Cave. So close yet so far.

The ride was a bit short. Was not sure of how long to make it with some tourist sites to see in the park. The walk back there was more than I realized and at times a bit steep.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts