Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been unable to locate information on the 2015 Burgman 650, changes, etc. Is the bike officially out yet???

I did find a YouTube blip with a supposed 2015 Black Burgman 650, nothing else!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
The 2014 hasn't been out all that long has it ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I think the 2014 Burgs were released in April, so I don't expect to see a 2015 until the Spring.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I asked a buddy of mine who is a Suzi salesman today, when the 2015's should be coming out. He says they are being shipped. Among other things, he claims the final drive has been changed up to accommodate an optional reverse! Also, he seemed to believe there was something different about the pillion back rest and finally, the fuel filler location has been relocated to allow for side cases. I hope this isn't all just hype he has heard, as opposed to hard facts. Time will tell.

·
Registered
347 Posts
There is only 3 things on the 650 that have to be improved before I upgrade to a new one. 1. A better seat, 2. A more robust suspension, 3. A 15in. rear wheel, and 4. A better way to check the the oil.

Doesn't Suzuki know that Americas roadways are falling apart faster than we can repair them. The scooter basically has not changed in 12years. So I will continue on with my 03 model, it rides the same and handles the same as a 14. Their Jedi upgrade mind tricks won't work on me, electric windscreen, electric floppy mirrors, heated butt and handgrips. I want the real deal, an improved ride.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I have been looking to upgrade to the 650. The 013 was uncomfortable, The 014 did not appeal to me color wise and there were only 2 available this summer , from a total of 4 dealerships. The narrowing of the seat made it more comfortable to me. One dealer told me the 015 weight has been reduced due to a new Tubular framework, And the C G has been lowered ,making it easier to handle. One told me the 015 would be released in late September. 3 of the 4 dealers indicated the have not ordered any 015 due to the slow scooter sales this year. I am looking forward to see the new 015 hoping the changes are more appealing.
Ps; It is difficult to get reliable information from the dealers. I cant figure if they are not concerned with this product, of if Suzuki just does not furnish any advance information to the dealers.

·
Registered
252 Posts
On the Zuki Burgman website the 2015 650 and 400 are out but I cannot tell if there are any differences besides the minor Tupperware changes. Last time I checked it had only the 13 and 14 models.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The three differences I noticed are the color for the Scooter. The 2015 has a Metallic Black matte #2 color with a passenger backrest and hand guards (probably optional).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts