Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Tried all kinds of online searches to self-diagnose and aside from sound potentially caused by wind/faring (unlikely) - I've no clue what this could be. It's a low audible hum that always occurs at or near the 4k rpm mark when accelerating, and not when on the center stand. There's no discernible, corresponding vibration, but it seems to be coming from the front, lower half of the bike. It did not make it last riding season (ending Oct 2019) nor before a recent full servicing. Will be taking it back to the shop this week with the goal for them to properly identify and fix. It's not loud but it's making me crazy. Bike has just 4200km and was virtually unused for its first three years. Any educated ideas? Thanks muchly.
I'll also share the results once known.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Check for tire wear. Usually noted as a humming associated with lean angle.
Check tires pressure in your front tire.
You say noticed @ 4K rpm. Do you think it is vehicle speed related, in which case tires are your first suspect or engine speed relate. For the latter you could be wanting to look inside the transmission.

If it's none of that, look inside your self. Are grinning enough? It just might be excess Burgman joy leaking out.

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
i'm thinkin radiator fan 4k = certain air speed/pressure on fan , did service include plug or rad fluid?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check for tire wear. Usually noted as a humming associated with lean angle.
Check tires pressure in your front tire.
You say noticed @ 4K rpm. Do you think it is vehicle speed related, in which case tires are your first suspect or engine speed relate. For the latter you could be wanting to look inside the transmission.

If it's none of that, look inside your self. Are grinning enough? It just might be excess Burgman joy leaking out.
Thank you for your response, Chatman. The tires are in good shape and tire pressure is appropriate. Oddly enough it didn't happen at all yesterday in 45 minutes around the city. And I know it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does start - it generally doesn't go away until i shut it down for the day.

To your last line - I tend to grin pretty hard when I ride. Aside from this item I've loved it... although I would like to get a softer driver lumbar backrest - the stock is far too hard for delicate me. =P

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm thinkin radiator fan 4k = certain air speed/pressure on fan , did service include plug or rad fluid?
Thanks for your response, mikeyMarine. I don't believe they touched the rad fluid, no. Would this diagnosis be consistent with the sound occurring inconsistently?
Could the humming be associated to the air filter, somehow?

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
my 08 air filter/air box was under my fambly jools, not up front, i missed the intermittent when i read always occurs at 4k, intermittent things usually get fixed when the part falls off, or when swmbo tells you how to fixit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts