Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Suzuki Burgman 650 with just 354 miles and lots of extras. I feel like I need something sportier; already dragged the center stand twice & nearly spilled out. Comfy bike, just not my style; added a driver backrest, fenda extenda for front fender, clear hand guard/wind deflectors, a Bestem top box, Oxford heated grips, a fuze block for easy install of additional electrical components and a hard wired a Garmin Zumo 590lm on a custom ram mount to the dash. Everything is reversible if you want to go back to stock & will be included with the bike. Still under warranty!!! Including a set of interphone F5 Bluetooth headsets & bluetooth handlebar controller to sweeten the deal... currently listed on craigslist for 8000... Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Suzuki Burgman 650 with just 354 miles and lots of extras. I feel like I need something sportier; already dragged the center stand twice & nearly spilled out. Comfy bike, just not my style; added a driver backrest, fenda extenda for front fender, clear hand guard/wind deflectors, a Bestem top box, Oxford heated grips, a fuze block for easy install of additional electrical components and a hard wired a Garmin Zumo 590lm on a custom ram mount to the dash. Everything is reversible if you want to go back to stock & will be included with the bike. Still under warranty!!! Including a set of interphone F5 Bluetooth headsets & bluetooth handlebar controller to sweeten the deal... currently listed on craigslist for 8000... Thanks for looking!
Impressive list of mods for only 354 miles. Kudos to you!

Although I think I would have made sure I liked it before going through the effort :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Impressive list of mods for only 354 miles. Kudos to you!

Although I think I would have made sure I liked it before going through the effort :)
Just curious, but does that Zumo have XM capability? Meant for MyInnerPeace. Sorry!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately there's no XM (@gec343) but it does have a few smart phone specific apps; all of which I have yet to try except for the pandora & virb camera remote. Those seem to work pretty well. @AlaskaGuy, you're right; shoulda made sure, but half the fun i've ever had on any scoot' s'been modding it. I should clarify; I love the thing, but I feel it's an accident waiting to happen unless I take off that center stand. @TheReaper, thanks for pulling up the link for me; kinda forgot I could throw it in the body of my message.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Has anyone ever? Don't know why, but I feel like it'd ruin the integrity of the machine somehow...
Well, I want to replace my GL1800 with a Burgman 650, but have not yet ridden the Burgy 650. That are rare here in Michigan. I know that they are excellent maxi scooters, but don't want to ruin their reputation of quality and "integrity".

I need to ride one very soon, and fully expect to love it. A few years ago, thought I wanted a BMW 800, however, after a test ride, hated it. Got to be careful at age 73, since not many years left to correct mistakes.

·
Registered
175 Posts
A Garmin 590LM is a $900.00 piece of equipment. I have one and like it a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to admit, the 590LM is a great piece of tech. I love the idea of the curvy roads feature on the 590LM. Going to have to take a few leisurely trips far enough from the city to take full advantage of it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>Got to be careful at age 73, since not many years left to correct mistakes<<

Well, I'm the same age as you, and I just went from a V-Strom 650 to a Burgman 650. I was just getting too old to be hiking my leg over a bike with a 33" seat height, and the Burgman was a welcome relief. I'd had a Burgman 400 in the past, but this one is just that much smoother and faster. Try one out.... I think you'll be impressed. :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
>>Got to be careful at age 73, since not many years left to correct mistakes<<

Well, I'm the same age as you, and I just went from a V-Strom 650 to a Burgman 650. I was just getting too old to be hiking my leg over a bike with a 33" seat height, and the Burgman was a welcome relief. I'd had a Burgman 400 in the past, but this one is just that much smoother and faster. Try one out.... I think you'll be impressed. :)
Yes, I will try a Burgman 650 out as soon as the weather clears here in Michigan. No doubt, I'll be impressed.

I have no problem throwing my leg over my Gold Wing, but know the time is approaching.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Where are you located Have you tried a 400? I see a lot of people making a mistake by getting the very heavy 650 instead of a much more nimble 400. Huge difference in handling it and in the case of an urban area the 400 still has way more power than you will use. Maybe your dealer would trade you better for a 400 now.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Is this still for sale or shall the thread be moved to archive?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts