Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spring weather here in the Washington Northwest coast and for me that means getting out and riding. Today though is cloudy and gray and cool, so though I would check over the scooter and see how the drive is doing at 3000 miles. Not feeling any concerns, but this is my first scooter and Burgman.
Having the new service manual helps for sure. First is to get the airbox loose so it can be moved up and allow access to all the fasteners on the drive cover. Once opened up the drive was in very good shape. The CVT filter is doing it's job keeping the drive pretty clean.
The belt looked great, measured 22.5 mm, at various points along it's length, service manual states 22.6 mm to 21.6 mm. The variator surfaces were smooth with no groves or problems showing.
It will certainly be an easier task next check, and I feel good about putting another 3000 miles on it.
For reference the belt is a Mitsuboshi #27601-14F30, OEM as listed for the model year 2014.

Art

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had the belt of my wife's 2014 checked at the dealer when we were fitting new tires (7,000 miles).
He said it had many good miles left. And I got him to replace the cover's screws with bolts.
I never could get the screws off.

Ride safely

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In reading through the threads here, one owner who ran the cannon ball ride, posted how he trashed the belt and variator with that ride of 3700 miles. I was curious to see how mine was looking at 3000 miles. It shows none of the wear he experienced.
As to the difficulty of working on the Burgman 200? I would say compared to the motorcycles I own and maintain, it was more difficult and like most things the first time is a learning process. My experience with Suzuki is that they are well made and reliable.

Art

1 - 3 of 3 Posts