Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 2014 Burgman 650 (white) late yesterday and got about 1 hour riding time (first time on a Burgman 650). Quite pleased with the acceleration and the quietness of the motor. It was easy to move around the garage and get up on the center stand. Didn’t have any difficulty riding it in the city, it was very easy to transition over to the 650 after 5 years of riding experience on the Burgman 400. I had a chance to do a little highway riding and it felt good. It seemed more solid and secure on the highway than the 400. Unfortunately it is raining today, so I will put off my next ride until weather and time permits.

The under seat storage is smaller and the seat seems a little hard. Maybe some riding time will soften it up a bit. The windshield may be a little too low and seems small compared to the Givi windshield I had on the 400. I will consider getting a Givi windshield, however I will give the stock windshield a good try first. Where I live, protection from cold air is more important than cooling on a hot day.

When I picked it up at the dealership it had 32 kilometers on the odometer and I asked the salesman if they took it out for a ride. He said they only put about a kilometer on it testing the brakes etc. and that the other 31 was probably put on by the factory. He stated that the factory sometimes “tests” certain bikes before shipping. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? What would the odometer on a new bike normally read?

Shark88

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The seat won't soften up. Get yourself an Airhawk or pad of choice now and spare yourself some pain. Also, a backrest is a must in my book.

http://www.3brothersperformance.com/

There are many others to choose from.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't think the 32 km is a big deal, but, as far as I know, the Burgmans are delivered crated, with no front wheel attached, and then are put together by the dealer.

It cannot be ridden if it is not put together first. A fully assembled Burgman would be way too costly to ship from the factory...
Marco

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I don't think the 32 km is a big deal, but, as far as I know, the Burgmans are delivered crated, with no front wheel attached, and then are put together by the dealer.
That would be correct though it's possible it was assembled and run then taken apart and crated. Usually there is some sort of paperwork stating so I would think possibly in the crate that was tossed when it was assembled here. I do not think the mechanics put much mileage when testing after assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts