Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I looked at a new 2014 Burgman 650. It was VERY, VERY NICE, but we both HATED the color. That Metallic Mat Fibroin Gray paint looks like crap on the Burgman. Heck, even a guy at the dealership said that that color looked like it would "just disappear" and blend in with the pavement, especially on a rainy afternoon commute and he wondered what Suzuki was thinking by offering the 650 in that color. I joked that they would have to take at least $2000 of the MSRP because of that color. My wife told him that it looked like it had just been stolen and repainted in someones garage with a spray can. Of course, he replied that "somebody will like it". LOL!! It would look great on a cruiser or sport bike, but IMHO it's not a very good color for an expensive, upscale luxury scooter like the 650.....the KING of scooters.

Am I off-base in my not liking the color of the 2014 650?
If so, tell me...I won't get my panties in a wad if someone disagrees with me.

I LOVE the color of our 2012 Burgman 400, Pearl Mirage White, but the color of the 2014 650...not so much!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I'm usually a bit behind the curve when it comes to style changes. I finally like the big car grills that have been around since '06. But I have never warmed up to a matt finish - either on the body work or on helmets. I don't see me changing that opinion, ever. It's bad because when I begin testing the used 650 market in a year or two, my choices will be very limited. (Although the finish on the Burgman seems to have very slight sheen to it - so, if the price is right . . . . )

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I saw it last year on the 400 and didn't care for it , that said for me any thing is better than white . The other night I saw a 2013 650 (I'm guessing repainted) in a metallic dark but bright orangey bronzy color . It was nicely done and I have to say looked awesome . Not a cheap paint job for sure , lots of metal flake .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I am a proud owner of Fibrion grey and I and the wife love it. We had a black one for ten years and we both loved it as soon as we saw it. We went to a motorbike festival last weekend and a lot of people who do not like scooters did comment on the colour and finish and did say they liked it. As the saying goes beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
I'm not a fan of the fibrion grey but to each his own.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I haven't seen the 2014 650, but if it's the same as last year's 400, it's my favorite colour. I'm not in the market for anything new, or even close to new. If I was, that would be the color I would select.

John

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'm not into the usual, black, white or grey colors they always seem to sell. I like the silver of my 650, but I LOVE the blue of my 400. Prettiest bike I've ever seen, IMHO.

View attachment 25681

·
Registered
427 Posts
Made me look. :) I would have to see one in the plastic, but I tend to go with a color that doesn't blend in to the background like that grey might.

My metal flake pearl white on my 400 is stunning in the sun light. Surprisingly easy to keep kleen too.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Best colors on the 650 were the blue metallic, red metallic, and the bronze color in that order. Real colors not just a blend in shades from white to gray to black. Give me some nice colors for crying out loud. :)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Best colors on the 650 were the blue metallic, red metallic, and the bronze color in that order. Real colors not just a blend in shades from white to gray to black. Give me some nice colors for crying out loud. :)

Is this the color bronze you're talking about ? This is the 2008 I picked up last fall , at first I didn't like it but I have to admit it has grown on me .

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well I am a proud owner of Fibrion grey and I and the wife love it. We had a black one for ten years and we both loved it as soon as we saw it. We went to a motorbike festival last weekend and a lot of people who do not like scooters did comment on the colour and finish and did say they liked it. As the saying goes beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.
I too am a proud owner of a 2014 Fibrion Grey 650 and I love the color too! I've gotten lots of positive comments also.

Instead of reflecting light, the matte paint absorbs it which means the grey looks different in different surroundings. The other night I was parked as the sun was setting and my bike took on a purple-ish hue. Also the body lines on the bike are more evident, where the gloss finish obscures them with reflected light.

I personally don't care for the white "what was Susuki thinking?" I think the body color is contrasted too much by the black body work, the color doesn't "flow" and the paint scheme doesn't look cohesive to me. But my best friend would have nothing but white... he loves it. I do wish Susuki gave us at least two color choices per model year.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Is this the color bronze you're talking about ? This is the 2008 I picked up last fall , at first I didn't like it but I have to admit it has grown on me .
Yup that's the one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Javajo, you have a very valid point.
I've only seen the 2014 650 on the showroom floor under the fluorescent lights. I'll recant my opinion until I see one outside in the sunlight. It might be like our pearl white 400 and look much better in the sunlight than it does inside a building under those lights.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm sure that any French woman coming up to a roundabout will not see a bike that colour, they never see mine in silver grey, so why would they change the habits of a lifetime for an even duller colour?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am considering a new 650 but will wait until next year to see if they have nicer colors. Blue would be great but I would even take white. In my town, when folks see a white two wheeler of suitable size, they tend to be more cautious because they think it might be a police bike. For the time being, I will stick with my blue FJR1300.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I would have to see the color on the bike but from what I can see on Suzuki's website I don't really like it and I tend to like the flat paint jobs that more and more motorcycle manufacturer's are painting bikes with now. I do like my black paint on my 2009 Burgman. It is interesting that I love white paint on motorcycles and cars (just bought a new Honda CV-R in white this week) but didn't like the white Burgman I almost bought last year (go figure).

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
230 Posts
My burgman is yellow though painted that color but in the last couple of days i have been pulled out on some 5 times .Ether it is really true car drivers can not see bike riders or they are mesmerized buy the color ,I am going with the later:)
the black one is the wife's honda dn-01
IMG_20140621_100428.jpg

IMG_20140612_105008.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm the owner of the L4 grey machine too.

Always had black machines but they are so dirt sensitive I decided to switch. Even my next car (the current SLK350 still being black with red interior) will be something else in color. Eyeballing red with black interior or a stylish grey, not silver, with cognac interior.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts