Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. Larger Tires (increase tire size by 1 inch)
2. Optional dealer installed radio/XM/Pandora
3. Better Transmission with Power Button (like the 650)
4. Dealer Installed Backrest ( I have the Jac Vinson now)
5. Givi AF266 standard ( it is my wish list after all:D)
6. Tire Pressure Monitor with readout on screen of the pressure
7. Upgraded remote key with autostart button
8. Dual Upgraded shocks in the rear with easy adjustability
9. Squeeze 5 more HP out of the same size engine
10. Better sounding engine and exhaust
11. Comfort seat upgrade option

I'm guessing these upgrades would be well worth at least a $1,000 if not more.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hmmm. Sounds like a 650 might be in your sights?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
It obviously is, dunno why this guy torments himself so much. But i think even 650 might not be enough, he probably needs R6 or GSX at the very least.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't think Suzuki will add anything to increase the cost. Look how they leave off heated seats & grips here in the US.

My hope is that they update the styling of the 400 to match the 650 and soon to be introduced 200.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Nice list. But owning both a 400 & 650, I rather like the dichotomy of the two bikes. I love the power button and engine braking on the 650, and the 400 would do well with it... But it can be a hinderance in traffic and slow maneuvering. So they each have their job as commuter and highway tourer, respectively.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It obviously is, dunno why this guy torments himself so much. But i think even 650 might not be enough, he probably needs R6 or GSX at the very least.

I use it as a commuter scooter. I rarely exceed 65 mph and most rides are 20-25 miles each way. I avoid the highway.

The 400 fits my needs much better than the 650. But, I still like my wish list especially the 5 HP boost and the tire pressure monitor.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
HP wise is not that simple, if they add more than 32HP in some countries people will need another type of driver license, such as in the UK i think.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well, it's out, and nothing has changed, which is good for me and my re-sale. The 650 looks like they gave the transmission a 'tune-up', other then that, same.....

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I could only upgrade one thing on my Burg 400 it would be a better suspension.

I would also like a power button or manual mode to get more power when starting out.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'm getting a Burg 650 next. I'm keeping the 400 for now and adding a GIVI AF266 Windshield. As soon as the dealers start discount the 2013 650 I'm buying one.

Have I posted how much fun my Burg '400 is to ride? It's a blast. In my area Harley Davidson's rule the road but I love riding my Burg 400 right on past 'em.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Well, it's out, and nothing has changed, which is good for me and my re-sale. The 650 looks like they gave the transmission a 'tune-up', other then that, same.....
I think the 2014 transmission info is the same info from 2013.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Right on brother keep them Harley lovers guessing who is best, they think they ride the worlds best but it's only a high priced Ocult they are buying into as my 400 will do anything their Harley will do within the legal speed limits besides speed kills.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts