89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Burgman 400
I have only 28 miles on it.
Givi V47 Top Case with passenger backrest
Low Seat
Driver Backrest
I owe $8,500 on it.
I'm selling it because I purchased the wrong bike.
Northport, NY
(631) 987-4348 (Cell phone)

John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
John sorry to hear you're not happy with your Burgman. It's too bad that you put so much work into getting it the way you wanted it only to find out it's not fits your needs. Someone will get a nice scooter at your loss. Are you planning to replace it, and if so what do you plan to get?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Now that's a surprise! What could ever go wrong :confused:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Not sure how to properly ask this question, but what makes it 'wrong'?
Just a guess but, based on his previous posts it seems he needs a 500cc to meet his needs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm open to reasonable offers. I need to own something that is at least 750cc in order to meet a membership requirement. I'm thinking of the Suzuki Boulevard C50T (805cc).

John

·
Registered
765 Posts
I need to own something that is at least 750cc in order to meet a membership requirement. I'm thinking of the Suzuki Boulevard C50T (805cc).John
hmmmm ...... Dr. John, do what you want, but I would never join a group that has a "membership requirement" in terms of size of the bike. That "group" is either uninformed or ignorant of what a maxi-scooter can do. {esp. the Burgman}. It WILL run with that Zuki 805cc all day long. One of my riding buddies has one. And the Burgman will out handle that mid-size crusier too. If you had a change of heart and want something else, that's one thing. But to be pressured into another bike ... does not speak well of the group. IMHO

Sirkitrider

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sirkitrider-2, I know what you are saying. I agree with you on handling, etc. I thought about it long and hard. It is the American Legion Riders. I've been a member of the American Legion since 1971. Some of the charters are lowering or completely eliminating their displacement requirement. But, the legacy run still has a 750cc requirement, which of course is a stupid and ridiculous requirement. But it is still a requirement. It is a difficult decision for me. I'm also writing to people asking them to change their displacement requirement. My local chapter is going to bring the cc requirement up at the next meeting.

Maybe I will keep the Burgman 400 and ride alone.

John

·
Registered
38 Posts
Never felt the need to try to look like a motorcycle gang. I usually ride alone. And I refuse to play 'dress up' with the leather jacket (or sleeveless denium jacket), chaps, and boots.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Sounds like a challenge to me. I say fastest times on The Dragon stays in the group. The lower 50% pays $500 to stay members. I would be one rich scooter owner. And do it with a car tire to boot.

You could also throw in a free bike wash too.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
That's a wonderful machine combining cruiser and sportbike features. Plus the comfort, protection and storage make it a class of its own. However if each member of the group sees himself at a loss every day, one won't gonna last long in that group for sure :D

·
Registered
770 Posts
sirkitrider-2, I know what you are saying. I agree with you on handling, etc. I thought about it long and hard. It is the American Legion Riders. I've been a member of the American Legion since 1971. Some of the charters are lowering or completely eliminating their displacement requirement. But, the legacy run still has a 750cc requirement, which of course is a stupid and ridiculous requirement. But it is still a requirement. It is a difficult decision for me. I'm also writing to people asking them to change their displacement requirement. My local chapter is going to bring the cc requirement up at the next meeting.

Maybe I will keep the Burgman 400 and ride alone.

John
Make the "4" an "8" and don't tell anyone. :) (Seriously...do you think ANY of them know enough about scooters to know?)

And note: that rule will actually exclude a Honda Shadow 750 (actually 748cc), a Yamaha XS750 triple (747cc), a 750 Vulcan (749cc), and even a Harley Street 750 (749cc)!

And yet...would, say, a Suzuki Gladius, a Honda Interceptor 500, or an old BMW R65 have any trouble pacing them?!

I've ridden with groups on my B400, so has my wife on her tiny Hyosung Comet...the only time I slowed anyone down was when the guy leading was REALLY hauling ass (90+) on the highway and ran me into the rev limiter. (He was on an ST1100.)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I barely got my toes on the ground with this bike. I took the bike for a long ride last Saturday and Sunday. Coming back on Sunday, I stopped for a light on a steep hill. The front came up maybe an inch or two higher. I went to put my feet on the ground and there wasn't any ground. So, I leaned the bike to the left and forced my groin and left foot down. I tore several muscles in my left leg. It is just too high / too wide for me.

John

·
Registered
199 Posts
Our local Masonic motorcycle club has a 500cc limit, and my Burgman 400 is just a bit too low; but I'm not going to upgrade to a 650 just for them.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I barely got my toes on the ground with this bike. I took the bike for a long ride last Saturday and Sunday. Coming back on Sunday, I stopped for a light on a steep hill. The front came up maybe an inch or two higher. I went to put my feet on the ground and there wasn't any ground. So, I leaned the bike to the left and forced my groin and left foot down. I tore several muscles in my left leg. It is just too high / too wide for me.

John
I have bad hips and most of the time I only put my left foot down. I've never had to "force" my foot down. I just put my left leg out and the scooter will lean over until my foot hits the ground.
I don't understand why one would need to stretch their leg to the point tearing muscles. My pants have a 28" inseam so my legs aren't very long.

·
Registered
41 Posts

John
Dang...what is your inseam? I have news for ya...seat height on your 400 is 28", the Boulevard is 27.6, so I doubt you will be able to tell much difference. I would suggest a custom [lowered] seat on what ever you choose.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts