Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the new owner of a 2014 Burgman 400. The scooter only had 4 miles on it. It stayed in the showroom all of its life. I rode it 60 miles with no problems. Is there anything I should do/check on the scooter?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Did the dealer give it new oil and filter drive oil and coolant fill prior to collection?
Assume original tyres?
If it was in a showroom not in direct sunlight tyres should be fine. If these boxes are ticked. Ride it like you stole it. Showroom bike are normally left fluid free.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hope you got a good deal on it. Congrats! Does it still have the one year warranty on it from Suzuki from the day you purchased it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did the dealer give it new oil and filter drive oil and coolant fill prior to collection?
Assume original tyres?
If it was in a showroom not in direct sunlight tyres should be fine. If these boxes are ticked. Ride it like you stole it. Showroom bike are normally left fluid free.
It does have the original tires and they are in good condition. To my knowledge the oil and coolant is original since the scooter only had 4 miles on it.

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
I love the Savannah area, had a friend down on Tybee with a big house. He was never there so it was always free for a weekend or longer. When I was between Trainee cycles on Ft Gordon I always had 1-2 weeks off and would go out for a day or more.

I rode my Suzuki GS750 from Augusta to Savannah in 1 hour 15 minuets once. I was going a bit higher than the 55 MPH national limit at the time (2.35 times over) .

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
six years and probably longer is a long time, being stored in an air conditioned building helps, if it were mine I would make a ritual of checking the tires for roundness, bulging, anything out of shape or looking odd on about a weekly basis at least, and refrain from long trips until new rubber was on, after all, that rubber is what is keeping your skin and bones in one piece. Also keep an eye over your shoulder for flashin lights, cause you stole that bike !

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the Savannah area, had a friend down on Tybee with a big house. He was never there so it was always free for a weekend or longer. When I was between Trainee cycles on Ft Gordon I always had 1-2 weeks off and would go out for a day or more.

I rode my Suzuki GS750 from Augusta to Savannah in 1 hour 15 minuets once. I was going a bit higher than the 55 MPH national limit at the time (2.35 times over) .
I love Savannah just hate the humidity. You weren't riding that bike you were flying. LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
six years and probably longer is a long time, being stored in an air conditioned building helps, if it were mine I would make a ritual of checking the tires for roundness, bulging, anything out of shape or looking odd on about a weekly basis at least, and refrain from long trips until new rubber was on, after all, that rubber is what is keeping your skin and bones in one piece. Also keep an eye over your shoulder for flashin lights, cause you stole that bike !
I checked everything and it looks good. The farthest I rode it was 60 miles so far. It's been raining everyday so I haven't had a chance to ride any the last few days. I think I got a pretty good deal on it ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts