Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2014 Big Ass Scooter Tour of the Rockies, June 16-20

There are still three openings for this maxi-scooter tour, to take place June 16-20, beginning and ending in Golden, Colorado, covering about 1100 miles. Riders have to be approved (enough experience, adequate bike, etc.). Last year there were seven of us, including the two leaders/organizers. My wife and I went and had a great time and, are going this year. This year's tour is planned for twelve bikes plus the leaders, who are both MSF RiderCoach certified. The main organizer is BJ Strass, who published Scooter Rider Magazine from '03 to '07 and has done lots of scooter touring. I'd love to see some fellow BUSA members there! For more info, application, etc. check out http://www.bigassscooter.com/.

PS: Dena and I will be going from Grand Junction to Golden on the Sunday before and, will camp Saturday night on the way back. If anyone wants to come from Arizona or Utah, they'd be welcome to stay at our house on each end of the trip and travel with us.

·
Administrator
18,743 Posts
Dude, I'd be all over this if it was not 2700 miles round trip from my house to Golden CO and back. But 3800 miles in a week is doable. Maybe pencil me in for 2015.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude, I'd be all over this if it was not 2700 miles round trip from my house to Golden CO and back. But 3800 miles in a week is doable. Maybe pencil me in for 2015.
Dave, there are so many rides and rallies out east and west that I'd love to be a part of but, face the same problem you mention. As beautiful as the riding is around here, I'm amazed at the general lack of organized rides/gatherings.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As of today there are 57 days left to the Rockin' The Rockies Tour 2014. We still have rider spots open for this incredible five day tour in the Colorado Rockies. The route this year will highlight some of the most desired riding roads in the USA and a great group has been assembled.

The 2 tour rider-hosts (of which I am one of) are MSF RiderCoaches as well as First Aid and Accident Scene Management certified, with considerable touring experience.

Also this year, T-shirts are available and we have prizes sponsored by Aerostich, CourierWare and others.

For more information, or to ask questions, please go to: www.BigAssScooter.com.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
This sounds like my kind of riding and something I would love to do, and viewing the areas on the map, excites me. However 1657 Miles and 2 days to get there , Plus the ride, then the return trip, seems just a little to much for this 84 yr. old body .My thoughts will be with you
Ride safe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts