Do you know this dealership, Reaper?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It's odd that they say they will ship anywhere. I was always led to believe that dealers were not allowed to ship outside their dealership coverage area. Obviously I was wrong. :confused:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I don't think they mean they'll ship it anywhere for a flat $375. I believe they mean that you pay the $375 to have it set up and picked up at the shop in Minnesota.

Having said that, this is pretty much the perfect time of year to pick up a nicely-priced 650 brand spanking new and ride her home. Probably be best to schedule a tune-up with a dealership that's 600 miles away from Minneapolis in the direction of your destination.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I don't think they mean they'll ship it anywhere for a flat $375. I believe they mean that you pay the $375 to have it set up and picked up at the shop in Minnesota.

Having said that, this is pretty much the perfect time of year to pick up a nicely-priced 650 brand spanking new and ride her home. Probably be best to schedule a tune-up with a dealership that's 600 miles away from Minneapolis in the direction of your destination.
I agree. I feel sure it is part of the price when they sell it at their location.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
ChipDoc I understand that the $375 is for the shipping to them. But in the Ebay listing is sayes "Vehicle shipping quote available" and it links to get a shipping quote. I don't remember seeing that in others listing. They usually say "Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping". In looking through some listings this seller seems to be the only one I see listing that they will ship.(with the exception of Chinese scooters) I only spent about five minutes looking so I can't say for sure there's no one else listing this way. It's not a big deal, I just thought it was odd from what I normally see.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm glad to see that at least a few folks are set up to ship, at least within CONUS. Much as I enjoy travelling, a lot of folks would appreciate that service.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Now is a good time to buy. I just traded my Goldwing F6B for a new 2013 650 and got a very good deal. Yes, for those of you who have been around here for a long time, I traded again??? My excuse this time is I moved to FL and I am in a smaller place with very little room to store a car and a bike. The F6B was "too big" to store in my new place. I will miss it.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[email protected], I'm tempted.

Going at their website...I see they have a 400 for sale, $6999! Crips-all-Friday!

I'm considering contacting them...asking if my BMW and my Big Ruck are together worth about $6K

I can understand the BMW , but the Big Ruckus ? :violent1:

Seams almost SACRALIGIOUS :D

TheReaper!

·
Registered
70 Posts
There's a difference between starting bid and what will buy it...If you or someone you know have ever sold anything on ebay you know that all is not what it appears to be!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What's the "Buy it now" price?

While I am reasonably sure if you called the dealer you could arrange a buy it now , but there is none listed in this auction so you have to bid .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
486 Posts
There's a difference between starting bid and what will buy it...If you or someone you know have ever sold anything on ebay you know that all is not what it appears to be!
Go to their website. They're advertising both the 650 and 400 at low-low prices; the 650 for the starting-bid price.

Boy, I am tempted. I have 25,000 on the lardy; due for some major maintenance soon, most likely.

I am considering either or both.

How does the upgraded 650 measure up to the original, mid-'00s model?

·
Registered
375 Posts
That's where I bought my 2013, and the price I paid. They were straight-up with me, and let me take a printed-out quote sheet home with me when I was still shopping. I had to pay 6.5% state sales tax on top of the price & $375 freight fee, but I got a slight discount because I traded in a DR650 as part of the deal.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts