Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back again and evolving, The 2013 Fall Mid Atlantic Rally (MASR) joined by the 2013 Mid Atlantic Spyder Ryde will be held on May 17, 18 and 19th. 2013. This Spring's rally headquarters will be at the Country Squire Motel, 504 East Main Street, New Holland, PA 17557. Our Meet n' Greet will commence at 4:30pm, so please drive through and say hello, even if you're not spending the night. For those loding at the Squire or anywhere else. Please hold off on Squire reservations until the evening of March 3, and let them know you're with the Mid-Atlantic Scooter Rally and Spyder Ryde. As of the evening of March 3, make your reservations as soon as possible. Other lodging options are listed on our web site.

KEEP YOUR EYE ON OUR WEB SITE: http://www.midatlanticscoot.com, or http://www.midatlanticspyder.com, as we announce and develop details for this Spring's Rally. NOTE: All departures (Check Activities Schedule under Events link on our web site.) will be made PROMPTLY from the SOUTHWEST PARKING LOT of Yoder's Restaurant & Buffet, 14 S Tower Rd, New Holland. Be sure to have a full tank of fuel in advance! We will depart from this location because of limited parking and through-way at The Squire.

REGISTRATION: The webmaster and I are doing some updates on the MASR/SR website, to include registration functionality. Please hold off on registering there for a few days. I will follow up with another post in the near future to give everyone the green light. One of the things we're trying to do is automate the waiver form so we don't have to archive volumes of them. Once online and ready to go, REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.

RALLY FORMAT: For this Spring's Rally, we are going to have multiple rides. We must do this to break what is anticipated to be a large attendance into smaller, managable groups of around 15 or so. These details will be announced as developed, with route packs on the MASR/SR web site. I will update everyone on this as well.

Again, it is important that everyone keep checking this thread for updates, and the MASR/SR Web Site. The only OFFICIAL information updates will come from myself, Jeff Barnes or Will Smith. Thank you in advance for your patience!

We continue to welcome our cousins, the Can Am Spyder RT/RS (and the new ST?) Roadster but, all are welcome to join. Scoot Trike or Bike however, we do recommend engine displacement of 150cc and larger for the rides which contain hills and catch-up however, we will strive to accommodate all participants.

As with last Fall, we will continue as follows:

1. MEALS

a. We are trying to put together a Meet n' Greet BBQ at The Squire for Friday May 17th. We'll keep you posted.

b. There wil be only one formal meal--that is the Saturday dinner at Yoder's Family Restaurant 14 S. Tower Road, New Holland PA 17557. All registered attendees are requested to be at this dinner. We will assemble at 6:15 PM in the SW Parking of Yoders that evening for seating @ 6:30 in our assigned dining room. Please be punctual.

c. For independent dining, Rally participants may utilize any of the many restaurants in the vicinity of New Holland for dinner on Fri. 21st, breakfast on Sat 22nd. and breakfast on Sun. 23rd.

2. RIDES

a. All organized event rides will depart PROMPTLY from SW Parking, Yoder's Restaurant & Buffet, 14 S Tower Rd, New Holland, @ 10:00 AM on Saturday May 18th. and @ 11:00 AM on Sunday the 19th. Again, Saturday/Sunday rides will be broken into smaller groups as appropriate. We will have pre-ridden scenic rides for all capabilities of riders.

b. Those attendees who may wish to ride the area independently may certainly do so. Please note: These rides are not sanctioned by the event.

SO PLEASE JOIN US FOR OUR FRIDAY MEET AND GREET AND ORGANIZED RIDES THROUGH THE PENNSYLVANIA AMISH COUNTRYSIDE.

Please e-mail me personally through this forum if you have questions, but give us a little time because we're probably working on your answer!

RIDE SAFE,

Paul Armstrong
Rally Host/Ride Captain
MASR/SR

·
Registered
398 Posts
Re: 2013 Spring Mid-Atlantic Scooter and Spyder Rally (MASR/

It is with GREAT pleasure to hear that the Rally is still going strong at New Holland Pa. I no longer ride but I certainly will try and stop by to say hello to old and possibly new friends.

Let there always be peace and harmony with all whom attend and it has been my gretest pleasure to have ridden with you good people. God Bless and have a great and safe ride.
Jim Jury said that.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yes, it is the 2013 SPRING Rally, no matter what it says in line 1 of the first paragraph. :oops:

Paul

·
Premium Member
35 Posts

Thanks for the notice, Paul. Patti and I have been excited for months now, and awaiting this message. We will be there if at all possible, as you may have figured. In addition, I will let our members in our recently formed Eastern Shore Scooter Crew aware of this announcement. Many may have already been notified due to beloging to other groups as well. Hoping to see everyone return again this spring.
See you then.
Mitch

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Legion_Rider_28_DE said:
Thanks for the notice, Paul. Patti and I have been excited for months now, and awaiting this message. We will be there if at all possible, as you may have figured. In addition, I will let our members in our recently formed Eastern Shore Scooter Crew aware of this announcement. Many may have already been notified due to beloging to other groups as well. Hoping to see everyone return again this spring.
See you then.
Mitch
Mitch ... Good hearing from you. Looking forward to seeing you this Spring and yes ... spread the word.

Paul

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MASR/SR: Reservation Info for The Country Squire Motel

Spring 2013 MASR/SR Guests: The rates at the Squire Motel are as follows:

Single Occupancy: $60.00, $66.60 with tax
Double Occupancy: $67.00, $74.37 with tax.

Hotel Telephone: (717) 354-4166

Cancellation: There is a FIVE DAY Cancellation policy. Some who have already made reservations may have heard "one week." Jerry the manager and I spoke and he was very gracious in mitigating the cancellation policy to five days. The reason the cancellation policy exists is because we are competing for room space with a local music festival the same weekend.

Again, make sure you tell them you're with the Mid-Atlantic Scooter/Spyder Rally. The rates are great; be aware of the cancellation policy.

Paul

·
Registered
279 Posts

Plans are nearly complete. Must test the ride routes, update our website (www.midatanticscoot.com) and wait impatiently for Spring to arrive. We are limiting our ride group size to 15 bikes for safety and other circumstances and need at least one more rider who is capable of leading a group. If you feel so inclined to help, please contact Paul Armstrong (Host/Ride Captain) of your availability. A group size of 85 bikes plus was becoming a safety issue as well as a control problem thus the decision to ride in groups of 15 riders/passengers for your safety and enjoyment..

Anxiously waiting for our 10th. anniversary Spring Rally.

Will

·
Premium Member
35 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2013 MASR/SR Web Site is UP! Please Register Now!

Dear MASR/SR Alumni: Please refer to and register at the MASR/SR Web Site (http://www.midatlanticscoot.com or http://www.midatlanticspyder.com).

NEW RIDE OPTIONS, REGISTRATION AND LIABILITY WAIVER PAGES: Fresh new features. When you register you will see a drop box to select a ride option. Next to that, you will see a link that will pop up what each ride option is. Also new, we have made the Liability Waiver Form an electronic process. When you register, you will be guided through required and optional fields, then to a 'next' page that is the waiver. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.

KOMMST DU FAHREN UND VIEL SPAS MACHEN! :thumbup:

Paul

·
Registered
500 Posts

Just curious.
Whit everything that came to light last September, why is the Hollander still listed on the Min Atlantic site????????? :?:

·
Registered
279 Posts

I believe we still list it as a motel for overflow from The Country Squire although it is not our headquarters anymore due to a disagreement with the owner etc. Unfortunately there is a music festival in New Holland on the weekend of our rally and the "Squire" may fill up quickly. Get your reservation at the "Squire" as soon as you can.

Will

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE -- 2013 MASR/SR

Okay, gang ...

As of today (March 17), we're at 24 registrations (27 people) and we most likely must give a buy to one of our original four ride leaders due to work requirements. Yet, if we forecast based on last year's turn-out, we can expect the current number to triple, at a minimum. THIS MEANS WE URGENTLY SEEK ONE MORE VOLUNTEER TO STEP UP AS A RIDE LEADER. We have plenty of folks who'd be glad to help as assistant ride leaders (from within or in the rear of the formation). However, we need leaders ... at least one right now. Remember, the objective is to ease the adverse effects of a large group as we navigate the towns and byways of our rides, by breaking into smaller groups on varied routes of similar quality.

Next issue is registrations. If you're attending, PLEASE REGISTER NOW (http://www.midatlanticscoot.com, or http://www.midatlanticspyder.com). This would be of great help as yours truly and the committee plan for ride group balance and reservations for the Saturday Dinner.

Rides: We considered and listened and reached out ... and now we have four different ride selections, plus an 'O' category for those who don't want to ride with a group, but blaze their own paths. As of today, March 17th, of 24 registrations, here are some interesting statistics:

Ride A (Paul A.): 12
Ride B (Jeff B): 3
Ride C: ('Hammy'): 6
Ride D: (Smaller Displacement/Beginners - Scott G.): 2
Ride O: (Independent riding): 1

The above numbers certainly don't represent any contest; 9 of the 12 signed up for Group A (my group) are Can Am Spyder ryders. Goes to that similar DNA thing. I plan on taking my group up to 20 ... anything 200cc and above ... scoot, bike or trike.

Way ahead: Given the conditions we're trying to achieve, I intend to do the following, but welcome feedback:

1. At current attendance estimates, I am planning to close selection for a particular ride group at no less than 15 bikes, but no more than 20, at assigned ride leader request. As ride selections close, I will annotate "Full" on the ride selection sheet and eliminate the option from the ride selection drop-down. This means, for example, that (as of today) there are 8 vacancies remaining for Group A, but somewhere between 12 and 17 vacancies for Group B, and between 9 and 14 vacancies for group C., and so on. Note: The more Ride Leaders we have, the lower the min/max rider counts will become; however, current ride leaders must be prepared to accommodate these numbers.

2. If you are registering and see a group is full, you will need to opt for a ride group with vacancies.

3. Any bike of less than 200cc must go to Group D. If you registered for another Group, I will reassign you to D. This does not mean that only smaller displacement bikes will be in D. We already have a Burgman registered there; this still promises to be a good ride, but more attuned for smaller bikes, less experienced riders, and if for no other reason, we appreciate the cooperation to help balance our group sizes.

4. We do realize that as some had objections to the previous rally ride format, others will have objections to this one as well. We could also envision, but won't be offended by, individuals and smaller club groups registering for Group O, but would also invite those club leaders with more than 15 or so in their entourage to step forward as sanctioned Ride Leaders. We have maps and information on the local area we can pass out.

Again, the bottom line is SAFETY and improved ride experience, plus easing up on the merchants along our way, vs. dumping 80+ bikes on them in one swoop. A huge bike formation is fun to watch, but miserable to ride in for anything exceeding a half hour or so. We had it one way before; now we're going to try it this way. Still, to make it successful we need more help; right now in the form of one additional Ride Leader. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Best Regards and Ride Safe!

Paul Armstrong
Rally Host/Ride Captain
MASR/SR

·
Registered
53 Posts
Spring 2013 Mid Atlantic Scooter Rally

Hi All,

Just a reminder to you all that the Spring 2013 Mid-Atlantic Scooter Rally will be held in New Holland, PA on May 17-18-19, just 5 weekends away. Rally HQ will be at the Country Squire Motel on E.Main Street (Rt 23) in New Holland. As usual the affair is free --but you must register. Hope to see you there. Please see the website for more info: http://www.midatlanticscoot.com/

Tim
'03 Silverwing, Cosmic Jumper
Philadelphia

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

I'm in, registered last week and was able to get accommodations at the squire but will be in 2 different rooms 1 Friday night and another for Sat evening. It's all good, hope the weather is good, fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts

Patti and I are excited, and actually partly packed. Our weekends have become so booked for this riding season that it is hard to find time for anything but riding. Does that sound like a problem? NO way. We love it that way. See you all on the 17th. We are staying way at the other end of town due to room availability, however, we will be spending plenty of time with the group, as always.
Mitch & Patti.

·
Registered
259 Posts

Hi Mitch,
Where are you guys staying, just in case I/we can get away that weekend.

Greg

·
Registered
500 Posts

I regret to tell you that I will not be attending the spring ride...
I will be in Richmond, Ky for a QA Class from the MSF....
Hope you have a good ride and fine weather......
See you in September..... :thumbup:

·
Registered
126 Posts

Jimmy,
Sorry to hear that you will not be able to attend the spring MASR.
I hope someone at the rally can take over your Friday night chef duties.
I know you will enjoy your trip and educational sessions in KY.
Look forward to see you at the fall MASR.
Ride safe.
ds

·
Registered
279 Posts

I will miss my Navy buddy as well. I always look forward to seeing you.

Will

·
Registered
53 Posts

dsweet said:
>> I hope someone at the rally can take over your Friday night chef duties.<<
Ride safe. ds
Yeah, I hope arrangements have been made for someone to do some grilling. I'm bringing along some pulled pork that'll need to be heated.
Dave & Jim, I'll miss you guys... err, we'll miss you guys.

Tim

1 - 20 of 31 Posts