Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ran the second tank of 87 octane gasohol through my two-week old 2013 650......60 mpg and a little change, dividing the trip odometer mileage by the quantity on the gas pump.......mixed driving, factory recommended tire pressures, shield full up, drive mode, nothing over 4,000 RPM for any significant period of time, but always flowing with traffic....gently braking in the brakes, as well......break in the seemingly perpetual rain here will allow 600 mile service sometime next week.....so far, everything is flawless....

TW

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Sure can't get that kind of MPG out of any 03-12 650. I'm averaging 53 with my 09 which is 11.5 less then I got with my 07 400 but I'm still :D with that.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Sure can't get that kind of MPG out of any 03-12 650.
I have on one tank of fuel driving interstate ended up with 59 mpg on my '09 but that's not a regular thing for sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
How does the Bergman 400 handle on the interstate with the cars and trucks blowing by you all as I am interested weather you can free ride in comfort and feel secure. Not get red knuckles.

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
My 400 handles the interstate just as well as my 650 does.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
2013 MPG update - I took a trip Thur-Fri, 915 miles, mixed riding. My average MPG was 57.1. I was a little disappointed. I was hoping it would stay in the 60s. But it still lets you push the 200 mile per tank mark without a lot of stress. Total average, 1,874 miles, 58.3 mpg.

I am going to check the plug wires. When idling, I am getting a little vibration on the bike.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I don't know about the 13 model but the older bikes didn't really settle in in until around 2000 - 2500 miles unlike what the manual tells you of 1000 miles.
My 06 settled in around 2200 miles. So, you may still see it fluctuating some for a little while longer.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
2013 MPG update - I took a trip Thur-Fri, 915 miles, mixed riding. My average MPG was 57.1. I was a little disappointed. I was hoping it would stay in the 60s. But it still lets you push the 200 mile per tank mark without a lot of stress. Total average, 1,874 miles, 58.3 mpg.

I am going to check the plug wires. When idling, I am getting a little vibration on the bike.
I checked the plug wires and plugs, all were tight. However, today I realized what may have caused the reduced mpgs, that trip was the first ride I took with a Laminar LIP and trunk on the bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2012 650 BURGMAN...White...love the white...anyway...went down the Natchez Trace Parkway from tip to tip a few weeks ago (stayed in Natchez MS overnite...highly recommend) and got 56 mpg...that's constant 50 mph all the way for 444 miles...did it in one day...which is a very very long day at that speed. Came back to Spring Hill TN by interstate and got an average of 53 MPH ...but...I was doing 85-90 (indicated) and thru some heavy rain and crosswinds as-well-as gunnin" it to get around long lines of 18 wheelers that caused the turbulence to get out of control sometimes...

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have run a couple of tanks since my last post, mixed riding, 58 mpg.

Total 2,225 miles= 58.1 mpg.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
You should buy your gallons here and you would be bustin 60mpg by a clear margin.;)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
At 1480 miles the spread sheet says I am averaging 60.6 MPG on my 2013 650.

Bill

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Roy I am afraid so, big numbers on the greenbacks required.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How does the Bergman 400 handle on the interstate with the cars and trucks blowing by you all as I am interested weather you can free ride in comfort and feel secure. Not get red knuckles.
To put it in perspective, I took our Burgman from Santa Barbara to Pasadena. This was done during rush hour through LA traffic on the freeway. Granted, I have over 100k miles in the saddle of 2 wheeled devices, this ride was fine and comfortable. It did help that it is legal to split lanes here and there was a lot of doing 20-30 between cars that were barely moving :)

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Don't be misled by the "400" moniker. It might have have a single cylinder but the length and weight are still up with the 650 to keep it stable. About the only thing the 650 has over the 400, other than a bit more top end, is bragging rights. LOL.

·
Registered
97 Posts
2-years of MPG on Burgman 650

Burgman650MPG.JPG I've been tracking mileage on my 2011 Burgman 650 Executive for two years. I've calibrated the odometer to both GPS and mileage markers, and it's 1.5% optimistic. So here's a graph of actual MPG, with a 5-fillup moving average to smooth it out it ranges from around 41 to 48, typically better in warmer months.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts