Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

2013 Burgman Videos - Collection Thread

5K views 67 replies 19 participants last post by  Chérie 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Re: Nice Footage of 2013 650

Nice video! I'll admit: I was born and raised in Italy, so after checking out the video I went and read the review (in Italian). I am in the market for a scooter and when finally the 2013 650 arrives, I'll be on one.
Marco

#5 ·

A friend and I just put down payments on two 2013's. After CVT failures on both our current 650s at 50,000 mi. (almost exactly the same mileage btw) we're pretty stoked about the new rides. His was rebuilt last year and mine is about to be reassembled in time for a sale or trade.

I've searched for every morsel I can find on the 2013 but I haven't seen this one... Nice!

#7 ·

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvPssF1_G6I

Besides the comments on the changes already mentioned above, these additional ones struck me as being somewhat important.
Seat height is higher.
Under-seat storage is less by 6 liters?
Some LED lighting added.
Repositioned accessory plug which allows for more length.
Slimmer overall body design. (not so lardy)
The windscreen reacts faster or goes higher?
Reduced resistance to pushing it around with your feet.
Oil level indicator on the dash. (more convenient than getting on my knees to check the sightglass.
The dreaded stop bolt has been redesigned and hardened.
dimensions: length: + 5 mm, height - 15 mm, wheelbase -10 mm :? , guard ground - 5 mm :?: , seat height + 5 to 10 mm
Larger gas tank by 2/10ths if I read it correctly.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.a ... page%3D1-2

#8 ·

I don't see a faster windscreen as a for-sure improvement.

Could be harder to fine tune.

Also mentioned: A reliability improvement of the CVT by modifying the stopper bolt, implying that CVT failure is linked to the stopper bolt.

#9 ·

blackcat54 said:
Also mentioned: A reliability improvement of the CVT by modifying the stopper bolt, implying that CVT failure is linked to the stopper bolt.
Duh! We have been tiring to get Suzuki Corp to listen. After many members have had a failure due to design failure........

#10 ·
More video 2013 Burgie 650 EVO

More I visit many Burgman site in Europe, more I find site and magazine reviewer and tester like the 2013 EVO and change make to it.

Some tester mention that no longer you can break fuel door because of new change to it, it now flwxible.

Ground clearance also down from 130mm to 125mm but this not affect at all.

Loss of 6 litre underseat storage because burgie rear bit shorter now because redesign.

Top storage each side now deeper, 1.2 litre each.

Windscreen wider at bottom also.

Suzuki give 2 year warranty on 2013 Burgie EVO.

All claim 650 EVO still best Maxi-Scooter available and most confortable of all.

http://www.motor-infos.tv/video-744-suz ... -coup.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... t-vrsEPLRQ

#12 ·

blackcat54 said:
Is the stopper bolt the only design aspect that causes failure?

I thought bearings were a factor too. A loose fit inner race to shaft bearing is a cause.

Belt failure is also a factor. Yes this is true but it seems that ether the bearings or the stopper bolt has caused misalignment and the belt wears

So...improving the stopper bolt alone will not necessarily lead to a bullet proof CVT.

#13 ·

blackcat54 said:

I thought bearings were a factor too.

Belt failure is also a factor.

So...improving the stopper bolt alone will not necessarily lead to a bullet proof CVT.

Several Europe reviewer/tester say that Suzuki Japan say modification affecting CVT are to pullie, bering, stop bolt, belt and other I forget, clutch also modified with new plate material that reduce friction 35%. They reduce burgie weight but new very large catalytic converter install in muffler housing use up all lbs save. One more factor important on 2013 bike will no longer get jerk like before when reduce gas, this help reduce wear on CVT also.

On 2 French forum a Suzuki mechanic for 20 year now claim much less CVT problem with 2010-2011-2012, much problem cause by damage bolt in past, but he see many Burgie with high kms and no CVT problem at all.

Some people complain, complain, complain about minority of unit that have CVT problem, every one forget about the many many more 650 with never have problem.

Why car manufacturer give warranty on vehicle, it because no matter how good product is, they always expect some to break, just to many thing can happen in component production and assembly.

#16 ·
Re: More video 2013 Burgie 650 EVO

Good to see Cherie's clips showed the riders in proper gear. Not like Suzuki site with flipflop, trainers and jeans. I'll get a test ride with the Suzuki show on 19 May in Norwich, Norfolk, UK

#21 ·

blackcat54 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p4fzJ9BEJQ
At around 0:24 you can see a something I noticed at the MC show. As the mirrors fold in/out the rubber piece pops out and stick up about 3/4" until you push it back in with a finger. I must say the other thing I didn't like was the new location of the e-brake, being a bit wider in the hips this was uncomfortable to use.

blackcat54 said:
I thought bearings were a factor too.
Belt failure is also a factor.
The stopper bolt is not the only problem. Other failures have been bearings, and internal (dual keyways) primary pulley failures. I do not consider the belt a CVT problem as they would have to be replaced at some point due to normal wear.

Chérie said:
[Some people complain, complain, complain about minority of unit that have CVT problem, every one forget about the many many more 650 with never have problem.
I suspect the great majority around here simply don't ride theirs enough. So far I can't point to a common reason why but my '03 failed, a '06 I bought with a problem turned out to be the CVT, I fixed Dave Hobin's '07 that failed, and I recently bought a '03 parts bike because it's CVT failed. There are a few that have high mileage like Buffalo's without a problem but just saying for what it's worth.

#26 ·
cmn1771 said:
blackcat54 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dclKRUecIu8

Translate to English anybody?
wow, wish it was in english. thats one of the best iv seen. good to have one with sound of the bike accelerating and decelerating like that. thanks!
Commentor praise the 2013 refinement done, bike little more narrow now, all weight lost in new design taken by new exhaust which have heavy catalytic muffler, weight similar to previous, point out many of the thing we discuss here 2-3 month now, bike very confortable, handle well, exhaust sound nicer, it more economic of gas, 2013 more refine but keep all characteristic we all love from older past burgie.

Confirm under seat now 50 liter capacity, still very big, still hold 2 helmet, rain suit etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.