Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Still think I got the bargain of the century. Almost two years ago a picked up a AN650 Exec 2017 with 5800 miles on for just $6000

·
Registered
221 Posts
"I usually get waves returned except from sport bikes and the "ride only on the weekends, work in the corporate office during the week ... douches."

Same in South Florida. There's a lot of money down here, and lots of $40k bikes ridden by guys who ONLY ride on weekends and primarily for image ("Honey, where's my black Harley shirt?"). I view them as poseurs compared to a true rider who needs a motorcycle like he needs a right arm attached to his body. Those people are my brothers.

I gave up initiating waves long ago. It was too irksome to wave at someone who ignored me on a bike I regarded as about half as smart as a Burgman 650. Nowadays if I am waved at I respond instantly with a full Japanese head bow, offered with respect.

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
221 Posts
"Still think I got the bargain of the century. Almost two years ago a picked up a AN650 Exec 2017 with 5800 miles on for just $6000>"

So, two years ago would have been 2018, meaning you got a year old Burgman 650 for that price? That is a very good deal.

My best deal ever was a two-year old BMW C 650 GT with 837 miles for $5,000. Still can't believe my luck on that.

I bought my current 2016 Burgman 650 last month for $5,300. It has 2,300 miles and came with a backrest and GIVI top case. I favor super clean, low mileage bikes with all the dealer depreciation worn off ;o).

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
62 Posts
Picked up my 2013 w/7200 miles in Dec '18 for 5000 OTD at a local dealer who I've done business with in the past and from whom I generally get good (not great) pricing. It needed a couple plastics and I ended up spending somewhere in the neighborhood of $600 on new plastics over the next 6 months. Replaced all fluids and both tires, added Suzuki top box and rack and the heated grips, and new fork springs and oil. So all in all, I'm in ~$6500. There are certainly better deals out there, but I don't feel like I overpaid (much). The fact is this bike may be worth different amounts to different people depending on what you want. My last bike was a $23,000 BMW, and I can tell you having a paid-off machine that I like just as much (or more) sitting in my garage that I spent a little more than 1/4 the money on gives me a smile every time I think about it.

So, is it worth $5000 to YOU? That's the big question, and only you can answer it. When I bought mine, I knew I was probably over-paying a bit, but it was there, it was available, and it was what I wanted. I've never looked back and never felt any regret. This is truly the most enjoyable bike I've owned (and this is coming from a guy who's owned a V-Strom 1000, an FJR1300, and a BMW K1600). I'll be 38 years old next week -- the Burgman isn't just for the old guys!

I'm getting a little long-winded here, so will try to wrap this up. IMO, $5000 for a 2013 (which is basically identical to a 2018 minus the heated grips and seat) is still a decent price, assuming it's in good shape, especially now since it looks like (though never confirmed by Suzuki) this version of the Burgman is gone forever. That said, I can't believe some of the smokin' deals I've read about some of you in this thread getting!

Regarding waving... gave up on that awhile back. If someone waves, I wave back, but I don't initiate anymore. Maybe it's the smug sense of superiority riding a Burgman gives me. More likely I just got tired of waving and getting snubbed... not a good feeling no matter how "I don't give a %&!$ what you think of me" a person you are.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts