Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am looking at a 2013 Burgman 650 with 10,000 miles on it. It has had good care. Asking price is $5000. I wonder if I should consider it. What do my 'friendly advisers' at BUSA think? I need your input, please!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I would compare on CycleTrader.com for that model year. I bought mine for that same price with 3301 miles on it but saw many many 2013 models with 3-4x the miles or higher priced over $6000. But that was August 2018. I've put just under 10,000 miles on it since and have no complaints. :grin
I think that's a good price if it looks good and you have assurance that it was well taken care of.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just bought a 2013 B650 this summer....cant remember thinking 4K ish miles, great shape. Was under 5K...but I felt I like I got a good deal. So that sounds reasonable....but would work on the $$$ a little if you could. If it has some accessories that might make it look even more attractive. My was stock and only came with a cheesy helmet.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Forgot to mention that mine came with a Corbin seat. It's great for short and long rides.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just purchased my 2013 a few months ago. 10500 miles and it needed tires and I had all the fluids changed when I got it. It did have a Givi windshield on it, but no heated grips or seat. $2800.00. I love it.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Wow, @rocket1lf , You got a really big bargain on that one.

The 2013-2015 models do not come with heated seat or grips. There was no Executive model during those model years. But the 2016-2018 models are ONLY Executive models with no non-Executive model available during those model years. The only difference between the non-Executive and Executive models during all these years is the heated seat and grips. Otherwise they are the same. Oh, and colors are different.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I guess I should consider myself lucky. I purchased my 2013 650 Burgman with 7600 miles for $3500. It only needed a rear tire. No seat warmer or hand warmers. I changed all fluids and add a stereo system. I didn't have a chance to ride much. I look forward to this spring. I had a 2004 Honda 1300 VTX for the last 5 years and sold it in August because it was hard to handle.

What I noticed while riding the scooter, other bikers don't seem to respond to the hand greeting gestures I give as we approached on the road as when I was riding my cycle. I guess there are some feelings of superiority of bikers over scooter riders. Do other scooter riders feel inferior to cycle riders? Not that it matters much but I think if I should go to a bar or restaurant with a biker club I might pass it by.

Anyway, I am very pleased with my purchase and love the comfortable ride it gives. I turn 71 next month and look forward to a few more years of riding.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I absolutely do NOT feel inferior to other "bikers" or motorcyclists (there is a BIG difference between those two). Quite the opposite.
Around here I do get a response mc "wave" back from other 2 wheeled riders. Mostly on 2 lane/2 way roads since they are more inline with seeing me almost straight in front. Not so much on Interstate roads where there is more of a side view from other riders. They can't tell I ride a scooter (think it's a sport bike or sport touring bike) until they get almost past me and then it's too late to take it back :grin

The only other riders who just don't wave back are Harley riders who refuse to acknowledge even sport bikes, which is what my scoot looks like from the front. Oh, and just within the bigger city metro area it seems most just don't wave to anyone. It's more as I get away from the city that riders will wave back. I guess city dwellers are too stuck up to want to be in the brotherhood of riders as it were.

I do have some respect from the ST group I ride with from time to time after leading some small group rides and participating in a few other group rides. I was easily able to "keep up" and even blast through curvy roads with the rest of them and didn't show any signs of lagging back or slowing them down so they know I can fit in just fine. There are also a very few HD riders who at least acknowledge me since I was able to prove I can ride circles around them. Once a Harley rider was boasting to me about how HIS bike can get up to 95 mph easily... and then I told him mine can get up past 120 mph if I wanted to. He shut up then, mainly 'cuz he knew 95 mph is not really that fast for a motorcycle top speed and also since we both took off on the Interstate from the gas station... with me pulling away. Most of those prefer to stay away from me since I can embarrass them in front of their buddies. Though I wouldn't do that unless prompted to... :devil

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Just looked up on CycleTrader.com .
There are 4 2013 model Burgman 650 scoots listed.
On the low price side in Florance, CO at $3699 with 22,271 miles.
On the high side as listed in Chattanooga, TN at $5999 with 31,001 miles.
There is another one listed in La Marque, TX with 10,579 miles but have to email them to get a price.
And a private sale scoot in Duarte, CA at $5500 firm with 5200 miles.

Just to see what is out there. I'm sure most of these can be talked down some.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Burghman 650 Insurance

Just bought a Burghman 650 with 10,000 miles in showroom shape! Which company gives the best rates and service? I have been using Dairyland for my B400 and I have been happy, but I think I should be able to best the price. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
18,218 Posts
Major sellers are Geico and Progressive. There are many others. I have Progressive and have found them to treat me well.

I'd advise not Foremost. They refused to pay for my crash even with Uninsured and Under insured.

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Just remember @psalmpilot that insurance rates vary widely depending where you live. I once went shopping at ALL the State Farm Ins offices all over Memphis one year and found every single office gave me WAY different rates for mostly the very same policy. Same company even!

Having said that, I currently have Wadena/IMT insurance. If Progressive were to actually back up their claims about saving me a certain amount on my insurance they'd be paying ME to go with them. I had Nationwide 10 years ago when I low sided my ST1100. Mostly cosmetic damage and all of my safety gear was trashed (I didn't feel a thing so the gear did its job perfectly and sacrificially). They paid me a claim check for the full OEM MSRP prices of all parts that needed to be replaced, plus the going labor rate to replace each part, plus a pro-rated amount for all of my gear. I ended up making money on that since a few parts really didn't need replaced (a very small 1/2 inch scratch on the bottom rear end of the muffler stainless cover $460 that didn't get replaced is just one of a few), and all my OEM parts were bought at CheapCycleParts.com for significant discount from OEM prices. I had a farkle party that year. Insurance inspector came to my work to do the inspection and no delays getting the claim check. I go through an independent Insurance agent who I've been with for about 38 years and always end up with good companies at great prices with him.

Shop around and you'll find what you need.

·
Registered
664 Posts
When my 2013 B400 was totaled last summer (I was rear-ended by another bike), I was eager to find a good, used 650 in short order. I looked at a bunch of them and settled on a 2012 650 Executive with Clearview windshield, Mutazu top case, driver backrest and Jensen sound system, with 5,017 miles for $5,000. Yes, the price was a little rich compared to NAPA value, and the bike was from the prior generation, but it looked like new and, with 5,000 miles, essentially was new. I changed out all the fluids and replaced the rear tire shortly thereafter, and will replace the front tire this spring. Have no regrets.

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
97 Posts
I guess I should consider myself lucky. I purchased my 2013 650 Burgman with 7600 miles for $3500. It only needed a rear tire. No seat warmer or hand warmers. I changed all fluids and add a stereo system. I didn't have a chance to ride much. I look forward to this spring. I had a 2004 Honda 1300 VTX for the last 5 years and sold it in August because it was hard to handle.

What I noticed while riding the scooter, other bikers don't seem to respond to the hand greeting gestures I give as we approached on the road as when I was riding my cycle. I guess there are some feelings of superiority of bikers over scooter riders. Do other scooter riders feel inferior to cycle riders? Not that it matters much but I think if I should go to a bar or restaurant with a biker club I might pass it by.

Anyway, I am very pleased with my purchase and love the comfortable ride it gives. I turn 71 next month and look forward to a few more years of riding.
I usually get waves returned except from sport bikes and the "ride only on the weekends, work in the corporate office during the week, Affliction shirt wearing douches". Most other bike riders, even Harley, return the wave, and if they don't, I don't get to bent out of shape as they might not have seen me(I've missed some) or they may be having to work the clutch(Rear brake for me) at the time of wave. So give the wave, and if they don't return it, there might be a reason, so just forgedabowdit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am looking at a 2013 Burgman 650 with 10,000 miles on it. It has had good care. Asking price is $5000. I wonder if I should consider it. What do my 'friendly advisers' at BUSA think? I need your input, please!
I have a 2013 Burgman 650 with 6500 miles. Givi Windshield & Top Box. plus other extra's.
I asking $5000.00.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I get waves from Harley and sportbike riders. When at a gas station I once had someone yell across the pumps on how "hot" the bike looks. I've had drivers beep and then give me thumbs up. No. I don't feel inferior when on the Burgman. If anything I feel special as I've yet to see one on the road. I'm the only one with a Burgman 650 in my area that I know. I've have seen two 400s.

·
Premium Member
8,047 Posts
Other way, round, I would avoid a biker bunch too, but the 650 is superior in the "all around" category and others are ashamed to admit they bought a brand name and missed out on a better bike.

·
Premium Member
8,047 Posts
I get waves from Harley and sportbike riders. When at a gas station I once had someone yell across the pumps on how "hot" the bike looks. I've had drivers beep and then give me thumbs up. No. I don't feel inferior when on the Burgman. If anything I feel special as I've yet to see one on the road. I'm the only one with a Burgman 650 in my area that I know. I've have seen two 400s.
Yup, it's a real chick magnet!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Waves from other bikers seems to be more dependent upon where you are than what people are riding. Here in Kentucky, everyone waves at everyone regardless of what they're riding. I've parked with Harleys, sport bikes, dual-sports and no one seems to care what I'm riding. If you're a bike, you're a "brother." Same thing in Tennessee and North Carolina. Michigan...not so much.

Reactions: DarisPakar
1 - 20 of 25 Posts