Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine I ride with asked if I know of any mirrors that would be compatible to a Burgman 650. It seems the 2013 model has lower handlebars and relocated smaller mirrors. It may look good but very impractical. He was thinking of clip-ons to the windshield.

He is also trying to find a company that makes a larger windshield then the factory one. I recommended Clearview but I don't know if they have anything for the 2013 model yet.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Mirrors

I have added Saeng Quick Scan mirrors to my Clearview windshield. They are fantastic. They eliminate the blind spot completely.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
It seems the 2013 model has lower handlebars and relocated smaller mirrors. It may look good but very impractical. .
They screwed that up as well, along with the "in the ballpark" speedometer, where 1/4 of the scale is only useful going down a 60-degree slope with a tailwind.

So you have to add a GPS to tell your speed and supplementary mirrors to see what's behind.

The handbrake is activated with your left hand, so you can't use the handlebar lever to load the pads first, to make sure it sticks.

Won't somebody please help stop "progress"?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have added Saeng Quick Scan mirrors to my Clearview windshield. They are fantastic. They eliminate the blind spot completely.
I would like to chime in here. Somewhere around 1996 I put a set of Quick Scans on my PC800 due to mirror problems similar to what the 650 Burgman has. They were a Godsend. A glance in the mirror before changing lanes took just a fraction of a second and the field of vision was amazing! I could sit on my seat and stick my arms straight out to the sides and still see past my fingertips in them.

My Executive has the electric shield of course, and I was a bit concerned that I would have to mount the mirrors some place where I was going to leave the shield all the time- not so! I have the XL Clearview on my Burg and I mounted the mirrors about 5.5" down from the top edges of the shield. And with the shield all the way up or all the way down they still work just fine. Great even.

I know that they are a bit spendy but guys, seriously- they really could save your life or at least a very bad situation. Accessories are something that all of us put on our bikes but this one really could save your bacon someday.

http://www.saeng.com/product.php?id=253&category=61

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
A friend of mine I ride with asked if I know of any mirrors that would be compatible to a Burgman 650. It seems the 2013 model has lower handlebars and relocated smaller mirrors. It may look good but very impractical. He was thinking of clip-ons to the windshield.

He is also trying to find a company that makes a larger windshield then the factory one. I recommended Clearview but I don't know if they have anything for the 2013 model yet.
Is this friend first bike with lower body mount mirror instead handle bar mount ?

GIVI have wind screen for 2013 I believe or work on one.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Saeng Quick Scans are great for blind spot, but not for rear view.

I would like to chime in here. Somewhere around 1996 I put a set of Quick Scans on my PC800 due to mirror problems similar to what the 650 Burgman has. They were a Godsend. A glance in the mirror before changing lanes took just a fraction of a second and the field of vision was amazing! I could sit on my seat and stick my arms straight out to the sides and still see past my fingertips in them.

My Executive has the electric shield of course, and I was a bit concerned that I would have to mount the mirrors some place where I was going to leave the shield all the time- not so! I have the XL Clearview on my Burg and I mounted the mirrors about 5.5" down from the top edges of the shield. And with the shield all the way up or all the way down they still work just fine. Great even.

I know that they are a bit spendy but guys, seriously- they really could save your life or at least a very bad situation. Accessories are something that all of us put on our bikes but this one really could save your bacon someday.

http://www.saeng.com/product.php?id=253&category=61
I have Saeng Quick Views at the top corners of my 2011 Burgman 650 Executive's electric windshield. They are wonderful for blind-spot checking, but too convex for rear-view. The OEM body mirrors are awful. They're way below line of sight, and they're blocked by my hands, handlebar muffs, wide loads on the back seat, saddlebags, etc. The standard Executive windshield is cut so that it tends to interfere with bar-mounted mirrors at full steering lock. I'm experimenting with fairing-mount mirrors attached to the tupperware just behind the windshield. Has anyone else tried this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts