Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their OEM halogen headlight bulbs with a satisfactory LED replacement? I did so on my 400, but the pattern thrown is really poor and not very well focused. The lights were much brighter because of the Kelvin temp, but too much diffusion. I would like to have brighter headlights on my 650, but the focus, for me, is the key. Blinding the oncoming drivers is not my primary goal ! Ha! My OEM halogens do a pretty fair job of focus, but look almost 'dim' when compared to the LEDs. I am looking for suggestions, please.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
I’ve read that if you do some re-wiring of the headlight circuit that the B650 Stock Lights will give more of their intended out put.

I alway bother Dave_J for Burgman Electric Help.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone replaced their OEM halogen headlight bulbs with a satisfactory LED replacement? I did so on my 400, but the pattern thrown is really poor and not very well focused. The lights were much brighter because of the Kelvin temp, but too much diffusion. I would like to have brighter headlights on my 650, but the focus, for me, is the key. Blinding the oncoming drivers is not my primary goal ! Ha! My OEM halogens do a pretty fair job of focus, but look almost 'dim' when compared to the LEDs. I am looking for suggestions, please.
Danali, really bright. So glad I did it, much safer

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just installed these (and kept my halogens in the bike's storage as a backup)...

AUXITO H4 9003 LED Headlight Bulbs, 12000LM Per Set 6500K Xenon White for High and Low Beam Hi/Lo Plug and Play, Pack of 2 $49.99

What I like about them is the base is not much larger than a standard bulb, they run cool and most importantly they are not only super bright white but instant on and high-beam switching (for alerting in front of you). Furthermore, the LED's themselves are oriented left/right so they take advantage of the lens design and focus all light as intended...

Beam pattern is very concise and when cast on a wall, there is a very clear line between light and dark, indicating that I am not broadcasting this bright light too high as to blind oncoming traffic...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for that info NewNC_Rider...........keep the forum updated on there performance and longevity. I bought some LED's for my RV and they worked well for awhile and then they started blinking on and off and I eventually went back to the originals. I probably bought some cheap kind or wrong kind. Anyway, thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's odd that when I click on that Amazon link, it says they don't fit a 2008 burgman 650. Been looking at LED headlights and trying to decide between them or adding LED driving lights. Not sure which direction to go. Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
If it is a H4 or 9003 bulb replacement it will fit a 2008 Burgman 650. Sellers are 90% clueless about Burgmans.

But wait for a few days and I'll report back if they fit. I just ordered a set and used their 10% discount coupon. With my state sales tax it came to $48.50.

They will be here Monday 10/11/2021

Reactions: Steveooo

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
If it is a H4 or 9003 bulb replacement it will fit a 2008 Burgman 650. Sellers are 90% clueless about Burgmans.

But wait for a few days and I'll report back if they fit. I just ordered a set and used their 10% discount coupon. With my state sales tax it came to $48.50.

They will be here Monday 10/11/2021
Can we count on you to take before and after beam pattern pics?

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
Got them in today but its 40 F (4.4C) outside and raining.

Also got my quick oil drain adapter but will not install it till next oil change.
Material property Font Circle Space Metal

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
When I do get around to installing these I will do a 'In The DARK' garage door pattern and a down my street low and high beam before and after. But I will be compairing Sylvania's SilverStar Ultras as thats what I run now. I MAY have some standard H4's here somewhere. It takes all of a minute to swap once the top cover is off.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Can we count on you to take before and after beam pattern pics?
On Super bright LED's site. Looking at the instructions it shows being able to use a wrench to loosen the bulb in the base to adjust the beam pattern to your preference and retighten. I had not noticed this feature before?

Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Drawing

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
When I do get around to installing these I will do a 'In The DARK' garage door pattern and a down my street low and high beam before and after. But I will be compairing Sylvania's SilverStar Ultras as thats what I run now. I MAY have some standard H4's here somewhere. It takes all of a minute to swap once the top cover is off.
Just so you know, about 12 years ago I performed a similar (if easier, and less encompassing) test, with regard to my swapping out halogen bulbs for LEDs in Motolights. Check out this pic and caption:

Reactions: neilrupp

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ended up getting the same LED bulbs at Dave. Couldn't wait anymore since it's now pitch black all the way to work.

I love them vs the stock bulbs. I need to adjust them up a bit, but even with them aimed too far down I can see the road better than the stock bulbs. The high beams are rather insane.

If they last like they're supposed to, then they're the best $50 lighting upgrade out there. I may still add some fog lights for illuminating the turns, but for now I'm very happy with the improvement from the LED bulbs.

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
Yes, with stuff going on in my life, during the day I am busy.

Been driving a car 350 miles twice a week while working on brother-in-laws house. 5 hours each way.

·
Registered
92 Posts
No worries at all. I figured I could return them anyway if they didn't work out.

That drive doesn't sound like much fun. Sorry you have to do that. Life is busy here as well, but not quite that busy. Hope that chore ends quickly for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts