Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some help.

Can anyone tell me how I get the butt rest off the main seat? I removed the two screws that I thought is all that was required to pull off the butt rest/bump, but it would not come off.:confused:

What am I missing? Is the new 2013 model different from the older models?

The purpose is to add an extension piece. Since the seat has the nice red stitching on it, I really would like to keep the existing butt bump, but add extension to support the back better.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
I have not seen a 2013 400 so I can't say for sure but I think that the seat is the same as the 07-12 models. So my answers are based on that assumption.

First, did you pull the lever that allows the buttstop to be adjusted when you tried to remove it. You must release it to get the stop to move forward.

Second did you remove two very small screws that are screwed directly into the arms of the buttstop. Those would be the correct ones. To see them you have to find two small holes that you can see the arms through and move the buttstop forward and backward until you can see the two small screws in the arms through the holes.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The buttpad is a little different, but the theory is still the same. Underneath the seat there are two small holes with screws in them. Take the screws out and then the buttpad will come all the way out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I still need your help in understanding how to get the bump off. I took a couple photos I will attach for you to view. I took the two screws out I think are correct. Let me know please:D

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

Can anyone tell me how I get the butt rest off the main seat? I removed the two screws that I thought is all that was required to pull off the butt rest/bump, but it would not come off.:confused:

The purpose is to add an extension piece. Since the seat has the nice red stitching on it, I really would like to keep the existing butt bump, but add extension to support the back better.
This question has been asked and answered over 100 times - The first 2 big screws that you see.........Are NOT...the 2 that need to be removed - 2 tiny screws inside the tubes ARE.and with a tiny phillips head screwdriver. That is what I did,,,,,with no problem.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

I had the same problem.
There are two big screws next to the light those are not the ones!.
Next to those there are a small holes leading you to tiny phillips screws, remove both and then push the lever located above the light, while keeping it pressed, push the seat forward.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
This questiion may have been asked and answered 100 times before, but I'm sure it will be asked 100 more times in the future. I was about to ask it myself until I finally saw this thread. I saw some other Youtube and forum explainations, but they didn't seem to be the same as my 2011. I ended up taking out six screws and still hadn't removed the right ones. I just couldn't see them! Finally, after reading this thread and taking out a small flash light, I found the holes which were VERY hard to see! Then, after getting the butt stop back as far as it would go, I found the screws. I'm also glad that I had read about how tight they would be and I used a ratchet with the proper phillips head driver bit and kept bumping the screws until they gave a little pop. They were still very tight to turn out, and I did it ever so carefully so as not to strip the threads or head. Now I can get my back rest on and help my old, aching back. Thanks for asking the question and I appreciate all the help that the folks on this forum have given. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I love this forum!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts