Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling to buy touring motorcycle. Metallic Thunder Gray,Suzuki luggage rack and grab bar bungee hooks. 2900 miles financing available $6499.00

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why? You already have a touring machine right there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We love our 400 scooter for short runabouts, but for long distance we will need more storage space and bit more power. Nothing bad to say about the scooter at all, except that the 400 really is a scooter, not so much a touring bike. Looking to purchasing a Goldwing 2009 + , and would consider scooter as part payment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you are riding two up, I certainly agree with you. But for single touring, the 400 will do the job. I just returned from a solo 2300 mile trip with clothes and camping gear. My 400 did everything I asked of it, from NYC to the Appalacians to the midwest flatland and Chicago freeways. Enjoy the hunt for your new machine! Shopping is part of the fun. Ride on!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
We love our 400 scooter for short runabouts, but for long distance we will need more storage space and bit more power. Nothing bad to say about the scooter at all, except that the 400 really is a scooter, not so much a touring bike. Looking to purchasing a Goldwing 2009 + , and would consider scooter as part payment.
Are you sure you want a Goldwing? They are a great bike but they are very heavy. When I bought my 400, I kept my 750 pound touring bike for traveling. However, the scooter spoiled me and I found that when I rode it, it was more like work when compared to my scooter. When I replaced the 400 with a 650, I found the 650 (with the proper accessories) to be a great touring bike with more than adequate power and comfort (It's the Goldwing of scooters). I sold the big heavy touring bike. I didn't realize how difficult and unhandy a heavy bike can be until I got a scooter. There is a reason they put reverse on the Goldwing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
honda gl 1800 has no equal

have owned 07 09 11 models burgman 650's . sold the 11 model 650 @ 5 months old and 990 miles/ bad transmission.. I will not spend another $ for one again.. the Honda gl 1800 handles like a dream @ 5 m.p.h or @ 140 m.p.h. it has NO equal owned 05 08 and 10 models over a hundred thousand combined miles on the three. GET the wing you will be very happy you did.... replaced the 650 burgman with 2011 burgman 400, better bike then the 650's..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sat on a 2013 victory vision today for me more comfortable than the goldwing more leg room . Going to test ride soon might buy one they have good reviews.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
have owned 07 09 11 models burgman 650's . sold the 11 model 650 @ 5 months old and 990 miles/ bad transmission.. I will not spend another $ for one again.. the Honda gl 1800 handles like a dream @ 5 m.p.h or @ 140 m.p.h. it has NO equal owned 05 08 and 10 models over a hundred thousand combined miles on the three. GET the wing you will be very happy you did.... replaced the 650 burgman with 2011 burgman 400, better bike then the 650's..
Bad transmission at 5 mo and 990 miles, very unusual, can you give us the details?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I live in NC closest Indian dealer 6hrs away SC. What do you do if you break down on trip not enough dealers out there.
We're going to the Indian/Victory dealer near Charlotte (http://www.indianmotorcyclecharlotte.com/) for our test ride. The Indian Demo truck is going go be there on the 4th and 5th. I will ask about the lack of dealerships on trips. They are trying really hard to get Indians sold and I suspect their solution might be to have Victory dealers work on them in emergency situations.

Until a couple of weeks ago, I rode BMWs exclusively on trips and their dealerships are few and far between (WV has none). I guess I'm used to not having a dealership on every corner like Harley does. Motorcycles have improved so much from when I had my first one in the 60s that I am not very concerned about it. I guess after 14 or 15 motorcycles of many different makes and never being stranded (other than leaving the ignition switch on and running the battery down a few years ago), I've been lucky.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts