Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank You ErilkDK! Your post of 1 Apr 2010, showing the backside of the 650 Headlight assembly did the trick for me! I replaced my OEM Halogens with the DZG LEDS. They are much better in both intensity and clarity! But, the focus left something to be desired. The low beams were just slightly too high, and might blind someone. As far as throwing light down the road they were great! When I went to high beam, the high beam cast too high and left a dark area 50'-60' directly in front of the scoot! Not good! So, they needed adjustment!
I have a shop manual, but it did not explain in enough detail for me to understand exactly how to adjust the lights. So, along came your post, Erik! I am ecstatic! After looking at your posted pictures, I have been able to get my lights 'under control'!
On the side of the scooter with the kickstand, I used an 8mm. box-end wrench. To lower the left headlight beam I turned the adjusting nut to the clockwise direction until the light fell into the correct area I had determined using a large piece of cardboard.
For the right side headlight, due to a large wire bundle being in the way, I used a medium-point Phillips-head screwdriver. Here's the catch: I had to rotate the screwdriver in the counter-clockwise direction in order to lower the left headlight beam. So, either 8mm wrench, or screwdriver can be used on the left headlight, and only the screwdriver to be used on the right headlight.
Until now I had not mentioned the plastic mud shield that must be removed with its 2 bolts before access is available to the adjusting screws. This shield is an easy task.

Hope this helps someone! I really appreciate Erik and his post with pictures! He, and BurghmanUSA certainly helped me! Thanks, y'all! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank You ErilkDK! Your post of 1 Apr 2010, showing the backside of the 650 Headlight assembly did the trick for me! I replaced my OEM Halogens with the DZG LEDS. They are much better in both intensity and clarity! But, the focus left something to be desired. The low beams were just slightly too high, and might blind someone. As far as throwing light down the road they were great! When I went to high beam, the high beam cast too high and left a dark area 50'-60' directly in front of the scoot! Not good! So, they needed adjustment!
I have a shop manual, but it did not explain in enough detail for me to understand exactly how to adjust the lights. So, along came your post, Erik! I am ecstatic! After looking at your posted pictures, I have been able to get my lights 'under control'!
On the side of the scooter with the kickstand, I used an 8mm. box-end wrench. To lower the left headlight beam I turned the adjusting nut to the clockwise direction until the light fell into the correct area I had determined using a large piece of cardboard.
For the right side headlight, due to a large wire bundle being in the way, I used a medium-point Phillips-head screwdriver. Here's the catch: I had to rotate the screwdriver in the counter-clockwise direction in order to lower the left headlight beam. So, either 8mm wrench, or screwdriver can be used on the left headlight, and only the screwdriver to be used on the right headlight.
Until now I had not mentioned the plastic mud shield that must be removed with its 2 bolts before access is available to the adjusting screws. This shield is an easy task.

Hope this helps someone! I really appreciate Erik and his post with pictures! He, and BurghmanUSA certainly helped me! Thanks, y'all! :)
I agree with your assessment regarding headlight adjustments. Just not enough information on the actual procedure. I have a 2012 650 executive and like you, just upgraded my halogens with the DZG LED's. How much did just adjust the beam downwards?

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts