Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First recall of the BMW C600's

Just read on the BMWMOA forum that Transport Canada is forcing BMW to recall the C600's for fairing panels falling off :shock:

Confirms my thoughts about how they introduce new models without proper testing .

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Re: First recall of the BMW C600's

Real! Dangerous , If you Run The Panel Over with Rear Tire and Loose Traction, And Cause a Accident , Very Smart Recall, I guess in Windy Conditions the Panels would Blow Off, If that's the Case.

Well in any case Not that Many were sold so won't be a tough Job, to get to them early,

Elliott,

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

I thought kymico was only making the motors not the fairing panels ?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

Elliott Larron said:
Real! Dangerous , If you Run The Panel Over with Rear Tire and Loose Traction, And Cause a Accident , Very Smart Recall, I guess in Windy Conditions the Panels would Blow Off, If that's the Case.

Well in any case Not that Many were sold so won't be a tough Job, to get to them early,

Elliott,
I think it was 58 scooters.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

From what the article says it sounds like nothing a little thread lock couldn't cure.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts

If they let the body panels fall off,,, then they could rename it to Ruckus and pay honda their due...:)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

RussL said:
If they let the body panels fall off,,, then they could rename it to Ruckus and pay honda their due...:)
That would be one expensive ruckus. :lol:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

Sheeesh, chinese rebadge BMW.

Me believe Burgie 650 better and prove good machine. It still KING of maxi scooter.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

Chérie said:

Me believe Burgie 650 better and prove good machine. It still KING of maxi scooter.
Kymco is not Chinese.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

InfernoST said:
Chérie said:

Kymco is not Chinese.
Per Wikipedia

KYMCO or Kwang Yang Motor Co, Ltd is a Taiwanese company that manufactures motor scooters, motorcycles, and ATVs for worldwide distribution. Founded in 1963 after splitting from Honda, KYMCO originally made parts for Honda. The company built its first complete scooter in 1970 and began marketing under the "KYMCO" brand name in 1992. In the 2000s, Kymco became the largest scooter manufacturer in Taiwan, and the fifth largest scooter and manufacturer worldwide. KYMCO's headquarters and factory are located in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, with about 3000 employees, and producing more than 570,000 vehicles per year. The company has production facilities in Jakarta, Shanghai, Changsha and Chengdu.

In early 2008, KYMCO was chosen by BMW to supply the engines for their G450 X Enduro bike.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

As per Wikipedia

Taiwan

Taiwan TY-WAHN, officially the Republic of China, is a state in East Asia. Originally based in mainland China, the Republic of China now governs the island of Taiwan.

Not Chinese, hum !

·
Registered
426 Posts
2013 BMW C600 Sport Recalled in Canada for Loose Fairings

BMW‘s maxi-scooters have only just started going on sale in North America and already there’s a recall for the 2013 BMW C600 Sport in Canada.

According to Transport Canada, the fairing side panels on certain BMW C600 Sport scooters can loosen and detach while moving at very high speeds. In such a situation, the detached fairing poses a hazard to the rider and passenger as well as other vehicles and bystanders.

At the moment, only the C600 Sport is included in the recall. The BMW C650GT is not included. The GT has a different fairing than the Sport, so it may not have any similar issues. The recall is also only announced for Canada, but a U.S. recall may soon follow from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

Canadian BMW dealers will check the recalled units and replace the fairing side panel fasteners. The Transport Canada recall affects 58 scooters.

[Source: Transport Canada recall #2012404]

·
Registered
2,832 Posts

C600's 58 Scooters is not Bad, wont take but 4 weeks , But this Recall is in Canada, Canada Models, for now!!! i would love to get my hands on that BMW C Evolution electric from the look at the Video it's very fast from 0-60 in Seconds, 68 Miles on a full charge, Sweat. :thumbup:

Elliott,

·
Registered
340 Posts

This is only the beginning. Prepare for a lot more recalls from BMW scooters. The F800 series had so many recalls as did the Boxers up to the R1150 and some on the R1200 series. The K-series of BMWs were riddled with problems in which my friend went to court and won another K1300 to be replaced when he turned in his less than 1 year old K1300 :D

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

Elliott Larron said:
C600's 58 Scooters is not Bad, wont take but 4 weeks , But this Recall is in Canada, Canada Models, for now!!! i would love to get my hands on that BMW C Evolution electric from the look at the Video it's very fast from 0-60 in Seconds, 68 Miles on a full charge, Sweat. :thumbup:

Elliott,
There was a short road test of a Evolution in a UK Scooter mag, 70 mile range 75 mph faster to 70 than the 600
below is a link to a vid of the 600 and below it tiny bit on the electric, on price yet on the electric sounds expensive
as it could only be available to lease in the UK.

http://www.twistngo.com/news/all/exclusive

·
Registered
35 Posts

Chérie said:
As per Wikipedia

Taiwan

Taiwan TY-WAHN, officially the Republic of China, is a state in East Asia. Originally based in mainland China, the Republic of China now governs the island of Taiwan.

Not Chinese, hum !
I suspect you have NEVER been to either country, and rely on Wikepedia for your political knowledge :shock:

Just because China "claims" Taiwan, doesn't make it so. Ask someone from Tibet, for example. Or any of the Islands in the South China Sea, " claimed " by China ( as well as Japan, Vietnam, etc. etc.).

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

gregbenner said:
Chérie said:
As per Wikipedia

Taiwan

Not Chinese, hum !
I suspect you have NEVER been to either country, and rely on Wikepedia for your political knowledge :shock:

Just because China "claims" Taiwan, doesn't make it so. Ask someone from Tibet, for example. Or any of the Islands in the South China Sea, " claimed " by China ( as well as Japan, Vietnam, etc. etc.).
Me then suggest you ask United Nations hold special reunion for you so you may advise all member of United Nations of this. :p :) :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts