Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have the Givi racks and such that I want to install.

Anybody have any idea how the pillion backrest comes off of this thing? I spent almost an hour this morning fussing with the thing and got nowhere.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Looking at the parts fiche it appears to be made like the 2012 and older ones. On those you grab hold of the pad and pull it straight forward. It should just pull off. Behind it you will find access to the bolts that hold the back rest housing on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I sort of thought that was it but wasn't sure. Guess I'll have to pull harder!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes pull off the back rest pad. It kind of snaps on to the metal framework underneath. Unscrew the 2 phillips head screws that face towards the front of the bike. My bike had nylon nuts and they just spun so I had to get the pad and tupperware off so I could grab a hold of the nuts to remove them. The metal frame is held on by 3 heavy duty 6mm hex bolts. Mine were torqued by a gorilla at the factory. Good luck with them. Then I guess just follow the Givi instructions

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
The 2013s are different from the pre-13s. The pad goes off the same, but the plastic around and under it are different. I have some pics of the pieces. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send them to you, if you want them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I removed mine a couple weeks ago. Once the pad comes off it is simple to figure out how to take the rest of the pieces off.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Rather than just pull, take a thin putty knife or screwdriver, and carefully slide between the painted part and the pad, and while pulling gently, pry gently as near as you can to each of the push pins. There are 4 or 5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts