Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything in the 2013 B650 redesign to indicate that that CVT issues reported on this forum and elsewhere are a thing of the past?

I doubt that few 2013 machines have accumulated the miles where CVT reliability issues might appear. I suspect that most of the improvements on this year model are largely cosmetic. As a potential buyer I am relying on owner experience as a guide.

·
Administrator
20,089 Posts
Nuscoot. First, welcome to the forum.

Second, the CVT issues have been blown out pf proportion and, IMHO, is highly over rated, unless it happens to you. The biggest failures were on the 02-04 model years (MY). The 05-08's MY's were less likely but still did happen. But the 09-up MY's seems not to have had much problems. I'd say Fear Not.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I agree with Dave J. The other thing to take into account is most of those failures happened at 50k+ miles. How long is it going to take you to put that kind of mileage on a new ride? Most riders sell or trade theirs off way before 50k. ;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Is there anything in the 2013 B650 redesign to indicate that that CVT issues reported on this forum and elsewhere are a thing of the past?
Too answer your question, same transmission.. still have to remove all the tupperware and engine to get to the tranny. Without giving any of the run around about how good the engine is or how much mileage you need until something *MIGHT* happen. (I would have preferred a fix to get to the transmission without removing tupperware and engine), but I haven't had any problems with my CVT so not complaining.

It's still going to run you about $3000-$4000 to have the shop mechanic fix your Burgman unless you're like LeDude or Buffalo.. then it will cost 'peanuts' to fix and you have yourself a 100,000+mi Burgman :D

·
Administrator
20,089 Posts
I agree with Dave J. The other thing to take into account is most of those failures happened at 50k+ miles. How long is it going to take you to put that kind of mileage on a new ride? Most riders sell or trade theirs off way before 50k. ;)
Cept, me. I have had this 08 for 3 years and just went over 50,000 miles and "I aint scared". But I am one of the few, on more than 1 thing.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts

I doubt that few 2013 machines have accumulated the miles where CVT reliability issues might appear. I suspect that most of the improvements on this year model are largely cosmetic. As a potential buyer I am relying on owner experience as a guide.
Like others comments the CVT failures are over rated. The only changes to the 2013s that "may" effect the CVT is the clutch resistance was reduced and the engine mapping is different. I have had several pre-2013 650s and I like the 2013 better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts