Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found the time to install the passenger backrest I purchased from fellow member G-DUB.

I always liked the look of the factory passenger backrest but my 2013 didn't come with one and I already had the Givi Monolock plate, so I bought a Givi Topcase and added the light kit. I also added the pad backrest for the topcase but I don't always use the top case so I looked at finding another solution.

I designed an adapter plate made from 3/16" HRS to shift the topcase back about 120mm. The plate fits under the bracket for the backrest.

I then test fit the Monolok plate

I then attached the plastic cover plate (it did required some trimming), I had to paint it which was the most expensive part of the project. Also, the matte finish was a challenge. The picture is pre-finish. I does match well. Paint from Touch Up Direct.

Finally, attached the backrest pad, and the rest.

The last mod was to attach my golf club holder. I use this when I scoot to the driving range, Holds 4 clubs. Only works without the topcase attached.

The club holder removes with two hand knobs.

The Burgman is such a versatile machine. I wish I had one years ago.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Looks great. Is the metal plate angled anywhere or straight? What black paint do you apply on it?

Curious why hex bolts instead regular 12mm+ bolts?
I always seem to strip hex bolts over time of use

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plate is flat. a couple of bends would make it stiffer but it is plenty strong. Put a hammered finish paint on it.
Most of the standard bolts on the bike are button head socket screws so I went with those.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Standard ok, but you needed to buy them no? Or were they just there?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bolts for the bracket came with the bracket I bought used. The Givi plate had the same style bolt but I bought new ones because the Givi ones were too long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts