Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was trying to warm up my AN400 this January in my driveway and hit a small patch of ice - was only going about 5 mph - and dumped the bike on the left side. While the bike only suffered some scuffing in a few spots my leg didn't fare too well - broke the tibia and had to have a rod inserted - so now I won't be able to ride again plus my wife insists I get rid of it.

I'm looking to sell for $4250.

It has 2020 miles - has the Givi windscreen (plus the original) - and a raised backrest. I'll include a 1.5 trickle charger that already has the leads installed.

I did a careful break-in. Changed the oil/filter at 100 miles and 600 miles with dino and again at 1000 miles with Amsoil. It uses no oil. I also have a new unused filter as well.

It has a clean title and has been always garaged.

·
Registered
770 Posts
:(

I just paid more for a 2012!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:(

I just paid more for a 2012!
Well - I am a motivated seller. I fear the road rash may deter potential buyers but it is just cosmetic and with some touch up paint would be hardly noticeable. Other than that the bike is in great condition. I did buy a touch up pen from Color Rite last year when I bought the bike but when I tried using it seems they sent the wrong color - Matt Black (YKV) instead of Metallic Thunder Gray (YLF).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
203 Posts
Don't let the rod slow you down. I have two plates and 15 screws in my left tibia and fibula. But then the wives carry a bigger stick.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
George , just curious . Didn't you have insurance on this ? A guy here a couple miles away had his 650 fall over because he didn't have the kick stand all the way down , and he turned it into his insurance co. and they fixed it less his deductible . The damage was like $2,000 for a simple fall over , those plastics are expensive .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
George , just curious . Didn't you have insurance on this ? A guy here a couple miles away had his 650 fall over because he didn't have the kick stand all the way down , and he turned it into his insurance co. and they fixed it less his deductible . The damage was like $2,000 for a simple fall over , those plastics are expensive .

TheReaper!
I have $1,000 deductible so I don't think I would actually make out well if I fixed and then had to raise the selling price by $1,000 more than I'm asking now just to break even.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sold

1 - 8 of 8 Posts