Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to give credit to 3brothersperformance.com for backrest extension that I purchased from them. It is top quality, comfortable and looks great. It does not change or give additional leg room. Here is a link to their product. After you enter the site, click on the TV set with a picture of the 650 on it. http://3brothersperformance.com/ I had someone install mine they had no problems or issues.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
+1. I've used mine for years. Good quality product and very strong. Easy mounting and comfortable. I think it does give an inch of extra legroom.

But in all fairness, some members report problems with returns. My friend had a problem too. Based on my dealings, they've been great. However, I've never tried to returned the two extensions I purchased.

The more you know...

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have used their backrest on my 400, then on my 650 when i traded up. it is very comfy, but on very long rides when i want to change my position like sit up straighter for a while. i add my gel cushion to my backrest, it makes me sit up straighter and is still comfy. i hook the two hooks that usually hook to the bottom edges of the seat up over the back rest. but everyone has their favorite what works for one may not work for another. i sat on bikes with different ones, but this one works best for me

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Granted I've had some slow communications with them, but they told me that the are farmers, not very high tech. I can appreciate that and their craftsmanship.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really like the way this one looks but I really do need a couple extra inches. Does anyone know of one similar to this but with the possibility of extra legroom?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I really like the way this one looks but I really do need a couple extra inches. Does anyone know of one similar to this but with the possibility of extra legroom?
The utopia is probably the best (and most expensive) backrest out there. It offers quite a few adjustment options, one of which may give an extra inch or two of let room. But I don't own one, so I can't say for sure.

However 3bros is now offering two sizes, regular an tall. Perhaps the tall size, extending the normal angle of the butt bumper, might just give an extra two inches. The one I have from many years ago when they only had one size, added an inch. Might be worth calling them.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I wanted to give credit to 3brothersperformance.com for backrest extension that I purchased from them. It is top quality, comfortable and looks great. It does not change or give additional leg room. Here is a link to their product. After you enter the site, click on the TV set with a picture of the 650 on it. http://3brothersperformance.com/ I had someone install mine they had no problems or issues.
Best upgrade we have made.

Regards
Scott Fraser
Calgary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts