Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

2012 vs 2013 model 400

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Scooter_Maniac 
#1 ·
I heard from one supplier of backrests that he doesn't think his backrest will fit a 2013 burgie 400 because "they made major changes to it for 2013." I can't find anything online about any changes between 2012 and 2013. I did for the 650, but not the 400. Can anybody tell me what changed (please stick to 2012 vs 2013).

#3 · (Edited)
I'm sure Quantum is right........ or maybe your supplier could have been looking at an older model 400?

The plastics around the tail light section, where you fit the backrest/top case carrier, are completely different on my 2013 model, from my previous 2008 400.

#6 · (Edited)
oneranger, the standard 2012 and 2013 models are identical, except maybe colors may be different. I've never noticed any changes. There is no lower seat option for the 400, not in the Uk anyway. Of course the 'Limited' version which I believe is on sale where you are, already has it's own passenger backrest as well. Can't comment on Davej's comment about the 2008 being different plastics at the back. But that's not going to affect you even if that is the case. I really don't think the backrest dealer is right in what he is saying. The seat is the same for both 2012 and 2013 model 400's.

#7 ·
Well, I wasn't sure. Musta had a brain fart :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.