Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from one supplier of backrests that he doesn't think his backrest will fit a 2013 burgie 400 because "they made major changes to it for 2013." I can't find anything online about any changes between 2012 and 2013. I did for the 650, but not the 400. Can anybody tell me what changed (please stick to 2012 vs 2013).

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Welcome to the site. I would suggest the supplier is getting confused between the 650 (which did have some major changes) and the 400 (which didn't have any changes).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the site. I would suggest the supplier is getting confused between the 650 (which did have some major changes) and the 400 (which didn't have any changes).
I'm sure Quantum is right........ or maybe your supplier could have been looking at an older model 400?

The plastics around the tail light section, where you fit the backrest/top case carrier, are completely different on my 2013 model, from my previous 2008 400.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I'm sure Quantum is right........ or maybe your supplier could have been looking at an older model 400?

The plastics around the tail light section, where you fit the backrest/top case carrier, are completely different on my 2013 model, from my previous 2008 400.
:confused: The first part guesses the dealer is confusing the 400 with the 650 which, we know underwent changes. However, the second statement seems to verify something changed in the seat between 2008 and 2013. This leaves me confused.

I do seem to recall there was a lowered seat option on the 2013 400 which an earlier post said would not fit earlier models. This would agree with the second statement. Without knowing more, I am guessing the dealer may be right but, someone else needs to verify this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
seat didn't change

:confused: The first part guesses the dealer is confusing the 400 with the 650 which, we know underwent changes. However, the second statement seems to verify something changed in the seat between 2008 and 2013. This leaves me confused.

I do seem to recall there was a lowered seat option on the 2013 400 which an earlier post said would not fit earlier models. This would agree with the second statement. Without knowing more, I am guessing the dealer may be right but, someone else needs to verify this.
I have done extensive google searching and can find nothing that tells about changes for the 2013 over earlier models. The dealer of the backrest thought something was different with the adjustable backrest we have and he said his wouldn't fit the new seat. I think he's wrong and just chasing away business. Who knows for what reason? I've looked at pictures of both and both seats look identical. There's never been anything said anywhere about a lowered seat option for 2013. It's still 28 inches which I think they have been since 2007. But I found another backrest for less money and it will be here in a couple days. That vendor said nothing about there being a seat change. See it here:

/http://www.ebay.com/itm/250865266597?item=250865266597&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Attachments

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
oneranger, the standard 2012 and 2013 models are identical, except maybe colors may be different. I've never noticed any changes. There is no lower seat option for the 400, not in the Uk anyway. Of course the 'Limited' version which I believe is on sale where you are, already has it's own passenger backrest as well. Can't comment on Davej's comment about the 2008 being different plastics at the back. But that's not going to affect you even if that is the case. I really don't think the backrest dealer is right in what he is saying. The seat is the same for both 2012 and 2013 model 400's.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Well, I wasn't sure. Musta had a brain fart :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts