Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Just finished the maintenance and one thing on the list for this year was to change out the stopper bolt. Attached is a picture of the bolt, i find the wear to be minimal for 14K Miles, Apparently they really have massaged the CVT over the years working out the bugs.

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
I wouldn't replace that stopper bolt. Just put it back in and re-torque it.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Would like to see some from earlier machines and various mileage. I'm the if it ain't broke don't fix it mind set and have not touched the CVT in either the 2006 ( still going strong with another rider ) or the 2009 Exec getting up there in mileage.

But I'd like to see the bolts people replace or remove to check and the mileage.

·
Registered
704 Posts
That is much like mine looked after 25,000 miles. I'll check it again at 35,000 miles. I figured that was just wear so both parts matched so no point in wearing in another bolt.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Would like to see some from earlier machines and various mileage. I'm the if it ain't broke don't fix it mind set and have not touched the CVT in either the 2006 ( still going strong with another rider ) or the 2009 Exec getting up there in mileage.

But I'd like to see the bolts people replace or remove to check and the mileage.

CVT bolt on 2009 + model seem less affected than previous 2002-2008 model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts