Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drained my 2012 Bergman 400 engine oil today and measured 1 quart 17 oz of oil out, no filter changed. I checked the window prior to draining and it was at the top mark.According to my owners manual the replacement oil quantity without filter is 1 quart 10 oz. I put in exactly that amount and then ran the engine a few minutes and then checked the window after about 10 minutes, level was low so I added an additional 8 oz and level is at the top mark again. Is my manual wrong or did I miscalculate ?? Thanx

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
reimerdavid said:
Drained my 2012 Bergman 400 engine oil today and measured 1 quart 17 oz of oil out, no filter changed. I checked the window prior to draining and it was at the top mark.According to my owners manual the replacement oil quantity without filter is 1 quart 10 oz. I put in exactly that amount and then ran the engine a few minutes and then checked the window after about 10 minutes, level was low so I added an additional 8 oz and level is at the top mark again. Is my manual wrong or did I miscalculate ?? Thanx
This topic has been covered many times on the forum.......!! Just do a search! Oh forget it.!!!!!! Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=58956

By the way ( I hate BTW!) micbergsma is the GURU on scooter maintenence and has fantastic DO IT YOURSELF videos....... :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Though it does give a amount in the engine specs and it is written on the engine
if you read about it in the owners and workshop manual it does use the words
"About and Approximately", and goes on to say check the oil according to oil
level check procedure so may be Suzuki have this problem as well, you did
it right don't worry.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Dadgum, this just should not be an issue!
But it is.
I check my airfilter after 2500 miles, pretty nasty...then I get a response that it might be oil blow-by ....overfilled to satisfy the window!?
Maybe the 2017's will come with a dipstick!!! Seriously.
Redesign the case and put a dipstick in the fill port! On an 8 grand scooter you want to get the oil right. $2 for a nice dipstick....what say you, Suzuki?
Stig

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picking up a 2011 400 today, hopefully. So I don't know where the oil level window it. But it can't be worse than my Vulcan Nomad. You have to lay on the ground and shine a flashlight between the exhaust pipes to see oil level window. Fortunately, mine didn't use any oil. So I only used it was when I changed the oil. The Burgman is for the wife. From what I've seen, it's going to be a fun bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts