Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[attachment=3:14iohzlp]2012 HD Gathering.jpg[/attachment:14iohzlp]This past weekend, two local scooter clubs, the Blue Ribbon Kings and the High Desert Scooterists jointly hosted the 2012 High Desert Gathering in Grand Junction. These clubs include a wide variety of scooters, and I think that while Burgman riders often associate more with motorcycles due to their similar capabilities, I think it is also important to keep in touch with our maxi-SCOOTERS' roots. We had scoots from not only the local area but as far away as Albuquerque, Denver and Salt Lake City. While the smaller bikes were trailered in from afar, there was at least one of the larger bikes that rode over the mountains from Denver. Over all, there were over 30 scoots, ranging from 50's to 400's (mine and one other Burgman), and everything in between. It was a great time which I could only partially partake in due to having to work all three days. Still, I was able to join in for a ride over the Colorado National Monument (a must for those that come to the Grand Junction area), an in-town ride for bagels downtown, and a fun evening with a live band and a raffle (I didn't win the scooter but did win a t-shirt from the Scooter Brewing Company!). Here's a few more pics:

[attachment=2:14iohzlp]On the way to the Monument.jpg[/attachment:14iohzlp]
[attachment=1:14iohzlp]One of many overlooks at the Monument.jpg[/attachment:14iohzlp]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts