Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

2012 Burgman 650 wholesale

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Jeff_MdR 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Me and 3 people I know (either met on internet or friends of mine) are eager to join the burgman family and wanted to all buy a 2012 burgman 650. Do you know if and where iit would be possible to directly contact a supplier to buy 4 burgman at a good discount rate?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

#2 · (Edited)
I'm inferring from your question that you'd like to buy from a wholesale distributor as opposed to a retail dealership(s). That's not going to happen. You'd have to locate a single dealership (or a single owner of multiple dealerships), who could get his hands on 4 bikes who then would be willing to negotiate a package deal. To my knowledge, motorcycle dealers do not have 'fleet managers,' but there is no harm in asking. If you were lucky enough to do a deal like this, you and your friends out there in Internetland would have to take delivery at the dealership.

#3 ·
Not sure how much research you have done, are even where your located, but I think you might be confusing the Burgman with the influx of chinese made scooters with many 'suppliers'. But the only 'supplier' of the Burgman is Suzuki themselves. And Suzuki isn't going to sell to someone off the street (has to follow proper distribution chain via dealerships). As Jeff pointed out, your best bet is to just try and wheel and deal with a dealer, but since the 2013's are out, the 2012 might be hard for a dealer to get ahold of 4 at once.

#5 ·
Burgmans in bulk

Contact the main Burgman importer in Brea California. In 2011 I was looking for a new 2009 Burgman and they helped me find one in Florida at three different dealerships. I ended up buying a new one for $6495 still in the crate!
Good luck and tell us what a great deal you got.

#8 · (Edited)
I personally don't think that you can purchase a bike/scooter from a large manufacture of motorcycles worldwide without going through a dealer. If the manufactures doesn't protect their dealers then would good would they be and why would you want to have a franchise that is not protected by your manufacture. I know we all want to buy an item at the lowest price, that's just nature, but I don't see Suzuki or any other US importer of motorcycles over stepping their boundaries just to sell three bikes just to get someone a better deal then their dealers will sell them for. I would say that China made bikes/scooters you might be able to bypass a dealer, as there dealing in the US are not all up to par with what I would call the US way of doing business, I'm sure this will change in time. Your only hope is to locate a dealer that will sell you three Burgman's at a discounted price and that's if he can get three to sell. Some of the larger dealers have sold to the police departments, they would be the ones to contact, who they are I don't know. I personally have purchased several bikes form a dealer in south Texas, at times I have purchase new bikes that were a year or two old, the dealer did not have them in stock, but did check with his dealer rep and he knows what they have in their warehouses that is still new in the crate. These bikes usually have a big discount on them, but most dealers won't by them because it looks like they have old stock on bikes that didn't sell, so you don't see then. I see you want a 2012, there maybe some in warehouses, or ones that dealers haven't sold, but the only way to find out if there are any more out there is to find a dealer that will get with his rep and check their warehouse stock. Since I'm a personal of the dealer in south Texas he told me that if you go to the Suzuki Homepage and look up the motorcycle you want and if the year model is there say, 2011, 2012,2013 and their is a description of the item you want, them the bike is most likely still somewhere to be found new in Suzuki's inventory, but this is US wide and the local warehouses may not have them. Remember :santa: does not come to everyone, only the good people.

John

I did fine this out on the Suzuki website and it looks like 2012 are still out there, but where, http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Scooters/Products/Burgman%20650/2012/AN650A.aspx

#9 ·
I do know of a dealer that has a brand new 2011 650 on their show room floor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.