Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Just testing the waters, as I'm not positive I want to sell it, and I apologize for that.

18,000 miles
Fog lights
Givi windshield and the stock one
Vista Cruise, cruise control
Bestem hump bag
K&N filter and stock filter
Drivers back rest
Suzuki passenger backrest
Nelson Riggs soft saddle bags
Bead rider beaded seat covers
Extra LED brake light strip on passenger back rest
Clean

No marks or scratches
Tires are fair

Bike is in storage now, but easily accessible
$2900.00

Located 15 miles Northwest of Green Bay Wi.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just curious and open to criticism before I advertise my Burg elsewhere. 90+ people looked at my ad, not one person interested or even commented. Am I asking to much? My location? The way I wrote up my ad? Are Burgmans harder to sell then I thought? Do I have to pay someone to take it? Just kidding, I still love it, just moving to the Northwoods and need something that can go off road too.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I'm in Vegas. Just saw it today. I'm not looking for a Burgman but was just curious. I purchased a 2018 Kawasaki KLX250 last year to go off road. Weights 300 lbs with fuel and oil.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Now that I've finished refurbing the 2008 B400 I got locally (SE Michigan), the wife has expressed an interest in one for her. You are a long day trip from the Detroit area. At 18,000 miles, yours is due for a belt change, clutch and variator check and valve check. have these services been performed? What age are the tires? Mine were in great shape, but were 12 years old, so they got replaced. An aside, it only had 2600 miles and cost $2500, so I was happy to do maintenance and upgrades.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Not in the market for another but I like to look and see what's out there. I think ad and pics are good and price is fair. (The only thing I would change is when I'm scanning classifieds it's nice to have a general location in the title. It's amazing to me how many ads will just say "Burgman" in the title and some don't even list things like year or mileage in the description - more common on general selling platforms than here, though.)

Most people who will see it on here are already stocked on Burgmans. You will get the occasional outside looker who is in the market, but it is rare for their location to match yours. I've had reasonable luck with Craigslist and if I were listing today I would also use FB Marketplace and possibly Cycle Trader. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump for new price, LOWER!
Willing to consider trades. Yellow lab? Frying pan set, toilet paper.....?

·
Administrator
17,687 Posts
Bump for new price, LOWER!
Willing to consider trades. Yellow lab? Frying pan set, toilet paper.....?
Did you edit the price in Post #1 above? If not I can do that for ya, just let me know.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to put money down on a new scoot today, so I asked the salesman who I bought my Burgman from (That was worth every penny and pure gold when he sold it to me) if he'd take it on a trade. Shook his head immediately, NO. I think trade in value is only about 2 grand, and he didn't hesitate to say no. Awesome resale.... Pathetic.
It's a good, clean scoot with some speedy extras too. I may as well keep it instead of giving it away.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I went to put money down on a new scoot today, so I asked the salesman who I bought my Burgman from (That was worth every penny and pure gold when he sold it to me) if he'd take it on a trade. Shook his head immediately, NO. I think trade in value is only about 2 grand, and he didn't hesitate to say no. Awesome resale.... Pathetic.
It's a good, clean scoot with some speedy extras too. I may as well keep it instead of giving it away.
I think he said no as a friend from his knowing what is going to be happening to the recreational vehicles market due to the flu.

Don’t be in a hurry....get the new toy and let the newness dissipate and then decide what to do and how to price the lesser loved. You have the B400 kitted out beautifully and I won’t be surprised that you decide to turn the Monkey loose.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you. That is very good advice. I appreciate it.
You actually kind of made my day.

·
Administrator
17,687 Posts
Fill it up with 100 rolls of TP and it will sell quick. Bonus, two bottles of hand sanitizer in the glove box.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I went to put money down on a new scoot today.
Thank you. That is very good advice. I appreciate it.
You actually kind of made my day.
Since your ears and heart are open I would ask you to go get your deposit back and wait till after Easter Sunday to start the purchase process....I feel that you will be able to get a great discount on a slightly used Monkey or a discounted last year model but new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts