Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just left a dealer and I'm thinking about buying a new 2012 650 exec. The dealer's out the door price is $7500 plus taxes. I was wondering if this is a good buy? I've never owned a burgman but I've realized I don't like to shift a motorcycle. The bike would be used to commute to work 25 miles one way and for weekend rides. Any guidance would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'd go for it. You will be pleasantly surprised.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
7500 + taxes seems like stood price to me

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
That's a great price for a brand new bike! I paid 6500 OTD for my 400 eight years ago.

Burgman was designed as a commuter bike. Burg is roughly translated to Urban in German. Hence Urban man.

You absolutely won't be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Grab it before someone else does. ;)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Where's the dealer? 'Cause I'll buy it if you don't. ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
GET IT!!! That's the deal I got Sept last year with 750 miles and (scratches/cracked left turn signal lens - the bike had fallen but dealer did not disclose).

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Burgman was designed as a commuter bike. Burg is roughly translated to Urban in German. Hence Urban man.
I always thought 'burg' meant town and Burgman meant something like 'man about town.' I like 'Urban Man' better. However, I just visited Google Translate, and the German 'burg' translates to 'castle' in English. Don't know what to make of that.

Suzuki should have done us all a favor and called it Skywave the world over.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for all of the responses. My husband was able to sell my Suzuki S40 this weekend and we bought the 2012 Burgman 650 Exec today. We won't be able to pick it up until this weekend. I'm excited and also nervous.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Congrats, and may you have perfect riding weather this weekend.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Congratulation ! You will love the 650 Burgie.

Great purchase at that price.

·
Registered
104 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup::eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I always thought 'burg' meant town and Burgman meant something like 'man about town.' I like 'Urban Man' better. However, I just visited Google Translate, and the German 'burg' translates to 'castle' in English. Don't know what to make of that.

Suzuki should have done us all a favor and called it Skywave the world over.
I agree, Burgman is not a great name. There was a post on this site about how they came up with it, some marketing company came up with it.

But Skywave doesn't make much sense either, maybe if it was a plane. I'd opt for something breathy like, "Chinook". Hey, this might make a good subject.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picked up my new 2012 650 Exec today. Actually found another dealer just east of Kansas City that sold me the same Exec. for $7,100 out the door. My Husband was going to ride it back the 1 1/2 hrs but with the temp. of 35deg out we decided to bring it home in a trailer.

As far as I know the Dealer here in Olathe still has his for $7,500 and the Dealer in Grandview, Mo quoted me last week the lowest they could go was $8,500. Then they called my husband and he told them he found one cheaper. They came down to $7,400 and then called back and went down to $7,250.

We've been on a couple of short rides in town and I can't believe how smooth it is. Next thing you know you're way over the speed limit and have to slow down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts