Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did an installation today of some small driving lights and LED light strips and naturally had to remove much of the tupperware to gain proper access to make my changes.

Originally, it was my wish to install the front driving lights on a wire that was controlled by the ignition switch, so that the lites could be on with either high or low beams when the engine was running.

Having the front end all stripped down, I could not locate such a wire that would perform the job as I wanted. I had to make a choice of either the high or low beam circuits, so I chose them to be on only on the low beam circuit only. I would like them to be able to run on both circuits if possible.

Is anyone familiar with the wiring system enough to suggest anything else? As you may know, it is very tight and most everything is wrapped up pretty well.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
What about a relay of some type? Make one contact wired to a switched wire (on/off with ignition) and then have the relay activate the lights. I'm sure I'm missing something since it's been a long time. There are more knowledgable folks out there who hopefully will chime in. I do remember putting a relay in for my dual horn setup and once when I thought about driving lights someone suggested the relay idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts