Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for a Burgman 650 Exec here in NC, USA. Really hard to find. But I did locate a dealer that has an 2011 and a 2012. The 2011 would save a few hundred more. Any differences between these model years?
Also, this stopper bolt thing. Is this a problem even with later model years like the '11 or '12?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
It has been reported that Suzuki made some changes in the CVT primary pulley assembly in 2012 to incorporate a stronger stopper bolt design. Whether that solved the problems associated with stopper bolt failures is yet to be seen.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Stopper bolt will be no problem for you on either an '11 or '12. Suzuki addressed that problem apparently with the '07 model year. I do not believe there was a significant engineering difference tween the '11 and '12 model years and feel that you can safely save yourself the money with no worries by buying the older one. Let us know how it went in say, 2020, when the scoot is better wore in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was in the same position. I sold my 09 650 non Exec. last Dec thinking the 13s would be here right away. By May 1st I gave up and decided to buy a 12 after hearing of the big price increase. The out the door price was going to just shy of $10k.
Then I found an 11 and I like the color better. The out the door on the 11 was around $8.5k. I could find no differences between the two year so as of last Friday I have a 2011 exec. 650 with 55 miles in my garage. :D

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
InfernoST said:
In 2012 they moved the ABS Sticker from the fender to the Front Fairing :D
:lol: :lol: Hahahahahahahahahaha....!!!!!! OMG! Did that reduce the wind resistance.????

·
Registered
67 Posts
InfernoST said:
In 2012 they moved the ABS Sticker from the fender to the Front Fairing :D
Can only speak of the UK model but I have the 2011 L1 model and the ABS sticker is on the Front Fairing.
The revised longer stopper bolt is also on my model, hopefully now resolved.
If anything the color is the only change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts