Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pulling off the leg shield, and looking at the back side of it, there is a hollow post sticking out of the upper portion of the lighting assemblies. It sticks out about 1" and has a plastic 'cup' like cap on it. The cap is plastic about the diameter of a dime and about 1/2" deep. It has a rubber "cup" inside and this cap just slides over the post. The hollow post just goes into the light assembly, kinda like a vent with a cap on it. There is a shorter one at the very bottom of the lighting assemblies.

I mounted a Stebel air horn hanging above the ECU (not touching anything) but this post/cap thingy is hitting the horn and stops the shield from seating.. I want to cut the post off. Does anyone know what these are and what they're used for?

Thanks, Bill....

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I cut the hollow post off and taped over the hole with electrical tape. Appears no one knows what the thingy is for??? If anyone would like to hazard a guess/opinion what it might be or do based on my description I'd appreciate that. Could it be used during/after manufacturing? For what purpose? Don't know.

As a side note, I looked at schematics for the 07+ Leg shield and it shows the little "caps" but does not give a part number or description. Also, I can't fined the actual light assemblies on any schematics. I can't believe they would be considered part of the leg shield because they're bolted on. I was just curious as to what the light ass'y would cost. I think that's strange.
Bill...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts