Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
One goes to ignition the other to the battery ideally if an another member has one they can check continuity on theirs.
I would have thought you would get continuity on that plug as the ignition makes the circuit but that's an educated guess which needs confirmation

·
Registered
178 Posts
Maccecht, got to be that rectifier. If it only blows fuse when rectifier is plugged in. If there was a short on the cables you would have thought the fuse would blow straight away. I'm putting my money on a knackered regulator/rectifier, caused by the jump start attempt.

·
Administrator
20,107 Posts
OK, this is a used but working 2003 AN650's Rectifier. It came off my first 2003 and was charging well. I just went out into the garage and pulled it off the shelf.

Reminder to some, I am a electrician so I know how to uses an old analog Volt Ohm meter. ;)

In the large white plug are three spades and in any combination of reading them with my Analog VOM they have 0 (ZERO) Ohms reading, totally open.

On the smaller Black connector where the BLACK with RED stripe and BLACK with WHITE stripe go into, again 0 (ZERO) ohms, Totally open.
See pict's
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

4.jpg 5.jpg

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
OK, this is a used but working 2003 AN650's Rectifier. It came off my first 2003 and was charging well. I just went out into the garage and pulled it off the shelf.

Reminder to some, I am a electrician so I know how to uses an old analog Volt Ohm meter. ;)

In the large white plug are three spades and in any combination of reading them with my Analog VOM they have 0 (ZERO) Ohms reading, totally open.

On the smaller Black connector where the BLACK with RED stripe and BLACK with WHITE stripe go into, again 0 (ZERO) ohms, Totally open.
See pict's
View attachment 92229 View attachment 92230 View attachment 92231

View attachment 92232 View attachment 92233
That settles that then Will. No continuity between the pins on the red and black. Thanks Dave. I am clearly mistaken and apologies for the wrong steer. Strange occurrence though had many rectifiers blow over the years of biking which is 40+ never had a main fuse blow. The learning curve is a long one.

·
Administrator
20,107 Posts
They can blow and will test both ways. But his must be shorted if it blows his fuse when plugged in.

I have two digital Fluke meters but they are not here. So I grabed my old cheap but good analog one that I use for basic stuff around the house.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Alright i'm getting better at this crap...Retifiers bad ordered new one...Checking stator.. everything checks out on 3 yellow wires..Pin to pin within range...4..Checked.. Not grounded..Check..The 2 ignition circuit wires coming from the stator meter set on ohm reads 211.7..Is that within range..???? Again thanks..I owe you a beer are 10..

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
Off the path..Did they stop making 650 burgmans in 2018?????

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
Just wanted to Thank all of you for your help..It was the rectifier..Put all back together with only 3 screws left..I call that a win..

Well done Gentlemen of the Board ! and you too William321....The Burgman Grin Rides Again !

61 - 72 of 72 Posts