Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Explain -- I had this Laminar accessory added to the windshield on my Burgman 2007 650 stock windshield. The 650 is out of commission at 73,800 miles with a CVT failure (all that is posted under Burgman 650 Forum).

I just mention the 650 thing because I do not intend to fix the 650 - giving it to a friend. So, I decided to see if I could fit the Laminar onto the Burgman 400 stock windshield.

As I remember, I paid around $100 for the Laminar -- so, not sure how that compares to buying an after market windshield (like GIVI) or if the GIVI is a lot better than the Laminar.

I had this thing and decided to try it. Smartest thing would have been to tape it on and try it before actually mounting it. I decided who cares, just a couple holes in the windshield -- so, I mounted it.

It worked -- had to flex it some and using it in a more vertical position than it was on the Burgman 650 (one could slope it more, but I think the vertical works better).
SO FAR -- about 200 miles of riding at speeds (up to actual of 80MPH), I think it is better (less noisy and less buffeting) than the stock windshield alone. I also think the flexing of the stock windshield is reduced at high speeds. I was in abit of rain teh othjer day and I think the air flow helps keep the windshield upper leverl a bit more free of rain drops. No big deal as I look over it anyway.

PICTURES are self explanatory except the last picture from behind is with camera lens set at my eye level. (I am 5 ft 8 inches, but long in the body for my overall height). I am looking about 3 inches over the top of the Laminar extension

Attachments

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Good job! I love it when you can improve your bike without spending money. My kind of upgrade. :D

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I have one I took off a Suzy V-strom on my 2010 400 works well, it's fitted
with the spare stick on pads that came with the lip, without it the standard
screen seems to flap about more.

Bit difficult to see but.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks about the same.

I agree the stock windshield was more flexible (moved around more) before putting the Laminar on.

I used the sticky things on the 650 -- one night I had a tarp over the bike (bike was on trailer for the night as I was leaving for a camp trip the next morning). When I pulled the tarp off, the Laminar came off also. So, I went to the screws on two holes on the 650.

Used all screws on the 400 mount. Partly because it is under a bit of tension to get it fitted (bent it a little, so it is under pressure).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts