Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So two weeks ago I got the deal of the century and from a far away dealer at that. 2011 Burgman 400 white! B E A utiful! When I got it it had 715 miles on it. Now I've got almost 950 miles. Now that Ive been thinking about it, Im not sure if the 600 mile maintence was done or not; dont think i wnt to gamble with it. Due to medical issues I can't speak right now. And they won't answers emails.

????Should i take it in to my nearest dealership for its 1st maintence or do you guys think i can do it on my own?? And whats involved?? Im new to scooters but im pretty compitent. General car tune ups ie oil changes, alternators, plugs caps roters...

I the I know the maintenance schedule is he somewhere... If you guys could give me a link I'd appreciate it!
Thanks guys!! And I love this forum.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I think the oil in the 600 mile change is typically pretty black. If yours is, I'd make the assumption it has not been done. In any case, the cost is not that great if you do it yourself so, you could do it in any case.

·
Premium Member
8,359 Posts
the bkb has all the steps of a first maintenance in it except for maybe abs if something was added and all the regular maintenance on the 400 is prettty easy and simple except changing coolant :twisted: go for it, record it in your owners manual and have yourself a liquid refreshment while the wife or gf brags on your manly motorcycle skills (mandatory 10 minutes)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mikeyMarine said:
the bkb has all the steps of a first maintenance in it except for maybe abs if something was added and all the regular maintenance on the 400 is prettty easy and simple except changing coolant :twisted: go for it, record it in your owners manual and have yourself a liquid refreshment while the wife or gf brags on your manly motorcycle skills (mandatory 10 minutes)
Nice! Funny. You were one of the guys who I saw while searching for a topic. I think it was LEDs. Have you done it? I know Mitch the guy in YouTube, he switched out his dash lights to LED. I just don't know if its the same exact bulbs for the 2011. I'm pretty certain you have a k11 right?

·
Premium Member
8,359 Posts
must have been another mike, I totaled both my 2008's and told my 80 y/o mom who i am only caregiver for ( she has parkinsons and psychosis) I wouldn't ride again until she died , so ,,,,,

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
mikeyMarine said:
must have been another mike, I totaled both my 2008's and told my 80 y/o mom who i am only caregiver for ( she has parkinsons and psychosis) I wouldn't ride again until she died , so ,,,,,
:lol: I'll never be able to read your signature again without reading, "Two dead burgs but someday" (my mom will die).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mikeyMarine said:
So sorry to hear about your mothers illness. Good thing; you can spend some time with her :D
Hope you don't have to buy a scooter for a while unless you have to, if you know what I mean. Take care man.

·
Premium Member
8,359 Posts
Scooter_Maniac said:
mikeyMarine said:
:lol: I'll never be able to read your signature again without reading, "Two dead burgs but someday" (my mom will die).
it is kinda strange, a 55 year old retired Marine , scared of a 150 lb 80 year old woman :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
If I were OP, I would change oil as soon as I got the beast home. It's less than 2 qts after all.
Even if I bought a new vehicle, I changed the oil within a few hundred miles after I bought it.
Then after 1,000 or so again. Cheap insurance. Especially on these bikes.

You should take a day to learn how to check tire pressure, clean air filter, locate spark plug, check oil, and check all nuts and fasteners, just become familiar with the machine :) Oh and clean the CVT case air filter.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If I were you, I would have the oil and filter changed at minimum. I've read over and over again that the first oil change is the most important one to do because of the metal shavings and fragments from a new engine. I would not assume that the 600 mile service was done by the dealer.

I bought a new 2008 Burg 400 and traded it in on a Silverwing back in late 2008. Just before I traded it in, I rec'd the Rectifier/Harness Recall Notice. I gave the dealer the recall notice and told them that they should take care of it before someone buys it from them.

Apprarently, the dealer sold the Burg but did not do the recall work because I've rec'd two Recall notices on that Burg. I checked with my current dealer few days ago and the computer showed that the recall work has still not been done on that scooter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts