Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Looks like a good deal on paper (computer screen) but you need to look in person. Looking around the driveway and yard I would ask to see maintenance records, preferably receipts. If all checks out good it's low mileage and it's new enough that I think the price is good.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Well it’s not a bad price for one that’s in pristine condition , but this one is NOT in pristine condition . Just because it’s a 2011 with super low miles by itself doesn’t mean squat . From what I can tell it appears that the bike has fallen over on the left side . With the brake lever broken on the other side , it wouldn’t surprise me if it also fell over on that side too . If you don’t care if it’s all scratched up then it might be a decent deal for you . That said it will to some one , in other words it will hurt the resale value later on down the road . If you are to far away to go look at it then have the owner send you a bunch of high resolution pics taken out in the light . Tell him to lay down on the ground that you want pics facing up all the way down the bike .

A guy who lives a couple of miles from me bought a new 2012 650 burg , when he first got it he didn’t have the side stand all the way engaged and she fell over in his garage . He turned it over to his insurance co and paid the $1,000 deductible , total bill from the dealer was $2,400 to replace all the damaged plastics . To replace all the plastics on one of these , from one that has been dropped on both sides with new stuff at the dealer around $4,000 to $5,000 . I’ve seen many that have just fallen over and every piece on the entire one side gets scratched up .

Another thing you can do if you live to far away , is have the seller take it to a local dealer for an inspection that you have prearranged and that you are paying for .

NEVER BELIEVE THE SELLER , over the years I’ve learned that one man’s PRISTINE is another man’s GARBAGE !

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
This is what i got as trade in for my 650 , it had a top box, clearview screen.
mine had 10k miles on it
looks pretty good to me - but as said you never can tell online until you hear it start and run

however funny he didnt show a pic of the damaged side - that worried me a bit

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
barnburner you don't have your location in your profile so let me ask where you live? If you live close enough go look, that's the only way to really know if it's a good deal. The plastic on these is not cheap.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The price is just the opening bid request. There could be bidders that could run it my much higher or the bidder might have a high reserve.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I paid 5600 for my 2011 so it sounds good to me. As long as it is mechanically sound it sounds like a good deal

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Live in Kansas City, MO- about 2.5 hours away each way from seller. Not close, not far.
If you're really interested, you should go and look at it. I once found a car about that distance from me that I wanted. I went and looked at it, made an offer which the owner accepted and he removed it from E-Bay. Both parties were happy.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts