Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just bought a 2010 Burgman 650 in black off of a military contractor here in South Korea to replace my 2005 Kymco Xciting 500. I was looking to step up in power, comfort, and cargo capacity and when a Burgman 650 popped up for $2100 I jumped on it. It's got an aftermarket exhaust, heated seats and grips, an aftermarket extra backrest that is... creatively attached... some yellowed LED strips that half work, and she came with a scooter blanket thing and mitts for winter riding and seems to be in good condition apart from some expected wear and tear on a 11 yr old bike.

I've been lurking the forums for a few weeks trying to research solutions for some issues that have popped up and to get a good feel on what to expect from the CVT. So far I've experienced the dreaded headlight issue due to the starter button. Sadly before I googled the issue and figured out to wiggle the starter button, I tried riding home that night by holding in the passing switch and I seem to have broken it... She also has the fuel door held on by what looks like epoxy on the lower part of the hinge but I'm not too concerned about that.

Coming from a 1981 CB750c and a 2008 Concours14 ABS in the states I've been very happy with the Burgman so far and plan to take it touring around Korea as it warms up.

Good to meet everyone and safe riding!

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Hi all,

I just bought a 2010 Burgman 650 in black off of a military contractor here in South Korea to replace my 2005 Kymco Xciting 500. I was looking to step up in power, comfort, and cargo capacity and when a Burgman 650 popped up for $2100 I jumped on it. It's got an aftermarket exhaust, heated seats and grips, an aftermarket extra backrest that is... creatively attached... some yellowed LED strips that half work, and she came with a scooter blanket thing and mitts for winter riding and seems to be in good condition apart from some expected wear and tear on a 11 yr old bike.

I've been lurking the forums for a few weeks trying to research solutions for some issues that have popped up and to get a good feel on what to expect from the CVT. So far I've experienced the dreaded headlight issue due to the starter button. Sadly before I googled the issue and figured out to wiggle the starter button, I tried riding home that night by holding in the passing switch and I seem to have broken it... She also has the fuel door held on by what looks like epoxy on the lower part of the hinge but I'm not too concerned about that.

Coming from a 1981 CB750c and a 2008 Concours14 ABS in the states I've been very happy with the Burgman so far and plan to take it touring around Korea as it warms up.

Good to meet everyone and safe riding!

View attachment 93374
Nice picture. And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome,

What’s hanging out of the tailpipe?

You’ll want to bookmark this one :

I've already got his youtube channel bookmarked, thanks for the website!!

The thing hangin on the tailpipe is a Korean aftermarket exhaust exemption tag? I'm not 100% sure on that but apparently it was on the bike along with an exhaust exemption certificate that came with the bike when the previous owner bought it from the Korean original owner.

·
Administrator
20,566 Posts
The year I lived in Seoul at Camp Coinier I did not even think about riding a motorcycle. Maybe if I was out at a remote site. Down town traffic was nuts. I was there in 1992-1993 and winter time was brutal cold so no riding.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
10,146 Posts
Welcome @treesleavedents
Awesome picture you have posted here. It looks like you have found a nice bike. Keep us posted on your rides over there.
Ride safe man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts