Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me use the BUSA search function at top for look up of fork oil change & maintenance, lots & lots of post here to read on this subject, several different quantity of fork oil have been mention in many post for many different model year which confuse me.

To clarify this with owner of 2009 650 Suzuki Service Manual or 2009 650 owner that perform fork oil change already, question is what do service manual say to use, what is correct quantity of fork oil for 2009 650 ?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Cherie, the manual calls for 482ml ( 16.29/16.97 US/Imp oz) of fork oil. When pouring in the fork oil make sure the lower fork tube is compressed all the way into the inner fork tube. Once you have the oil in the fork slowly slide the outer tube up and down the inner fork tube a few time to get rid of any oil in the lower fork tube. Hold the fork tube vertically with the outer tube compressed and measure the distance from the top of the inner tube to the oil level inside the fork. You should see the level at 129mm ( 5.08") from the top of the tube to the oil. This is all done with the fork spring out of the fork tube. To me the level is much more important than the amount so adjust the oil level accordingly.

Greg

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cherie, the manual calls for 482ml ( 16.29/16.97 US/Imp oz) of fork oil. When pouring in the fork oil make sure the lower fork tube is compressed all the way into the inner fork tube. Once you have the oil in the fork slowly slide the outer tube up and down the inner fork tube a few time to get rid of any oil in the lower fork tube. Hold the fork tube vertically with the outer tube compressed and measure the distance from the top of the inner tube to the oil level inside the fork. You should see the level at 129mm ( 5.08") from the top of the tube to the oil. This is all done with the fork spring out of the fork tube. To me the level is much more important than the amount so adjust the oil level accordingly.

Greg
Thank you very much for correct information.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flush the fork, fill it with the recommended amount, cycle it a few times, then measure the oil level, add/subtract oil if necessary.

Good luck.

I believe the fork setup is the same for all 650s till 2012. Not sure about the 2013+.
Probably, but read many many post on subject, several different quantity were given, so prefer extra check.

Monsieur LeDude tutorial has 482 ml also. Thank you again for all tutorial and video, they simply GREAT !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts